Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
___GANTZ Fan Boy___
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Sequel of Best RPG Of The Year.

Actually i bought the xbox version of this game in first week of release.
But after several hour of playing , i decide to stop and return this game (and get Def-Jam -which is also great- instead) .

Why ?
Because i can't stand the Dull Graphic , Flat Texture and Long loading time of xbox version , although gameplay is still great but i decide to wait a little bit more for Pc Version.

And my wait is over , Pc version is Here.

As i can say , Pc Version is A LOT BETTER than Xbox version in any aspect .
Better Graphic , Ability to use Higher Texture Pack , EAX3 support , and A Lot Faster loading time :thumb: . And the most important is The Ability to Patch cause this game HAS A LOT OF BUG , some bug prevent you to finish the game :angry: :angry: .

Graphic is a little better (but still not good enough) , Party management and quick switch weapon system is great ;) .

If you have to choose which version to get , go for Pc Version ALL THE WAY.

Here are some shots , All shot is taken @ 1024*768 highest /W 2X AA , 4X AF (This game is Very Playable @ this setting /W my Lowly system :) )

P.S. Now i'am in very first part of the game , so there is no Light Saber shot :rolleyes: .

As i told you , This game is full of Bugs (but its condition is A lot better than Pool Of Radiance's Case ) , I saw this Many Many time. I want the PATCH!!!

And where is Bastilla ..... i miss her :p

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Yeah, the images don't work (connection timed out). Try uploading them here.

I've been playing it too. I have some real problems with it: the crashes tend to be related to the MSS (Miles Sound System) libraries.
Speed wise, I can play at 1280x960/4x8x with slowdowns only on steam effects. 1024x768/4x8x runs fine. It doesn indeed look better than the XBox version.

>And where is Bastilla ..... i miss her :p

Dependant on what you told Atton Revan did and was, whe makes a couple of appearences, Carth too. HK-47 and T3 are in it too, Canderous too. Mission , Juhani and Zaalbar don't appear, but there is one reference to Jolee Bindo

edit: I had a thought after I posted this. I went to the Rad Game Tools website and downloaded the latest version of the Miles Sound Tools. I then copied the MSS32.dll and MSSMP3.asi over the ones in hte KOTOR2 directory. It now works again.

·
Souless Angel
900 Posts
I can't wait to pick this up. I wish it would have been in the making a little longer, the graphic engine might have been tweaked better, or they might have used a different one.

Oh well, long as the story and gameplay's good.

·
___GANTZ Fan Boy___
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Opps..

I don't know why it won't work cause after finish posting this thread , pressing refresh to view the thread and every pics works fine.

But now some pic only show up ????

Maybe something happen to ImageShack .

And the problem is , i just delete the pics off my hdd after finish posting the thread (how careless i am :hdbash: ) .

If i get any further in game i will update the dead pics.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Hmm...you think even with my system (see sig) I should get the pc version? I have the xbox version of the first one, it wasn't THAT bad, the only bad thing was load times.

·
___GANTZ Fan Boy___
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm...you think even with my system (see sig) I should get the pc version? I have the xbox version of the first one, it wasn't THAT bad, the only bad thing was load times.
Umm...

About The first one i dunno cause i don't have the Xbox version of that game but comparing Xbox version and Pc in Kotor2 , you have so many good reason to get the pc one. Especially patching reason cause you can't patch your xbox version and this game has so many show-stopper bug.

And graphic in Kotor2 xbox version looks so bad , If you look at one of my pic (i believe some pic can be shown) the pic that named '57of.th.jpg' .

In that pic if you look at the box at the far side of the room , you can see some detail on it (the white one with yellow strip) . And you can clearly see the texture of the floor .

If it were xbox version , all you can see is white box with something Blue all over it sitting on blurry floor .
IMO this game doesn't use any AF in Xbox version.

In Some game , the difference between Xbox and Pc is not so much (like POP2 : WW , GTA3 , Metal Gear 2) But this game , IMO the difference is so great.

P.s. Your system can handle KOTOR2 W/O any problem .
But i'am not sure about your VGA (It's FAST enought but i don't know if this game has any problem with ATI).

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
I ran the first one on an old 1.1GHz Duron with a geForce 3. Ran fine without FSAA, so your machine should be fine with this one (it's the same engine and not massive graphical enhancements)

·
Interplay sucks!
1,219 Posts
Oooo, I hope it works better on ATi card than the first one.....

·
Registered
858 Posts
didamangi said:
Oooo, I hope it works better on ATi card than the first one.....

this one also have problems with ati cards, only one i know of that people werent having problems is the ati radeon 9200, but the rest there are errors...

hopefully a patch will be released soon.

EDIT:http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=29871

well looks like a ptch has been released :D

NOTE: There are no Domestic/North America versions available at this time.
on international language only, that sucks :(

EDIT2: PLus it only fixes a corrupt pdf manual in the euro release :(
what a stupid patch, gawd! lol

·
___GANTZ Fan Boy___
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,478 Posts
hmm I havent played the first one so can you tell me what this game is all about? I've never been much of a starwars fan but the game looks somewhat interesting,You can choose if you're good or evil right? does it support netplay?

·
Registered
858 Posts
PrTv said:
The Sequel of Best RPG Of The Year.

Actually i bought the xbox version of this game in first week of release.
But after several hour of playing , i decide to stop and return this game (and get Def-Jam -which is also great- instead) .

Why ?
Because i can't stand the Dull Graphic , Flat Texture and Long loading time of xbox version , although gameplay is still great but i decide to wait a little bit more for Pc Version.

And my wait is over , Pc version is Here.

As i can say , Pc Version is A LOT BETTER than Xbox version in any aspect .
Better Graphic , Ability to use Higher Texture Pack , EAX3 support , and A Lot Faster loading time :thumb: . And the most important is The Ability to Patch cause this game HAS A LOT OF BUG , some bug prevent you to finish the game :angry: :angry: .

Graphic is a little better (but still not good enough) , Party management and quick switch weapon system is great ;) .

If you have to choose which version to get , go for Pc Version ALL THE WAY.

Here are some shots , All shot is taken @ 1024*768 highest /W 2X AA , 4X AF (This game is Very Playable @ this setting /W my Lowly system :) )

P.S. Now i'am in very first part of the game , so there is no Light Saber shot :rolleyes: .

As i told you , This game is full of Bugs (but its condition is A lot better than Pool Of Radiance's Case ) , I saw this Many Many time. I want the PATCH!!!

And where is Bastilla ..... i miss her :p

u should turn down ur brightness a bit

·
___GANTZ Fan Boy___
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hmm I havent played the first one so can you tell me what this game is all about? I've never been much of a starwars fan but the game looks somewhat interesting,You can choose if you're good or evil right? does it support netplay?
The game is all about good/evil and duty of the Jedi .
If you like RPG , you must get this game (i myself don't like Bulder's Gate 2 but really like this game) .
And there is NO Multiplayer support in this game .

u should turn down ur brightness a bit
I like to play in hi-brightness cause i'am Light Side player,choose to follow the jedi order. :innocent:
Next time when i choose the patch of sith i'll turn it down a bit . ;)

·
Registered
858 Posts
PrTv said:
The game is all about good/evil and duty of the Jedi .
If you like RPG , you must get this game (i myself don't like Bulder's Gate 2 but really like this game) .
And there is NO Multiplayer support in this game .

I like to play in hi-brightness cause i'am Light Side player,choose to follow the jedi order. :innocent:
Next time when i choose the patch of sith i'll turn it down a bit . ;)
lol that makes no scence, the gfx would look better at default brightness settings

·
Ride the Darkness
337 Posts
yeh just picked up the game today.. so far it seems pretty good. I wonder why LucasArts switched developers as BioWare did a awesome job with the first one. Anywayz this is looking good.

PS:Man i messed up big time on the first one. I did the Sith ending and didnt see the jedi ending. And then i deleted my save games, thinking that KOTOR 2 would let u continue as Sith. But this game picks up from the Jedi ending... is it possible for someone to share their save game near the part where u go to meet Bastilla in that temple (or anywhere near that part). I just dont have the time to play the game over again and want to check out the Jedi ending (damn what was i thinking). Greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
>But this game picks up from the Jedi ending...

No it doesn't. It picks up whatever ending you tell Atton you had.
You don't lose anything. The ending of the first one was cack anyway. "Huzzah! redemption of Revan. The End"

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Kane said:
>But this game picks up from the Jedi ending...

No it doesn't. It picks up whatever ending you tell Atton you had.
You don't lose anything. The ending of the first one was cack anyway. "Huzzah! redemption of Revan. The End"
im still confused on what ending it picks up from too. it looks like it picked up from the dark ending, (but i never seen it, i got as far as the star forge and couldnt beat malak)

well ill try the pc version and hope it runs better than the xbox one, even for an xbox game it was real buggy. and i hope the endings not as much crap as the first one was, i never saw the dark ending to KOTOR I . :(

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
>im still confused on what ending it picks up from too. it looks like it picked up from the dark ending, (but i never seen it, i got as far as the star forge and couldnt beat malak)

AAAARRRGGHHH!!!!
You remember that very first conversation you had with Atton?
The one 5 seconds from the freaking beginning?
The one where you freaking tell him what the feck Revan did at the end of KOTOR?
The one where you tell him what freaking gender he/she was?

>well ill try the pc version and hope it runs better than the xbox one, even for an xbox game it was real buggy.

Runs smoother. Looks nicer. More buggy. Of course being on the PC, releoading the game is less of a chore than on the X-Box (unless you run your games from the X-Box HDD)

>and i hope the endings not as much crap as the first one was, i never saw the dark ending to KOTOR I .

The ending itself is crap, but they do tell you what happens to the others in the party at least.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Wow i just tried the pc version, damn my card really hates anisotropy and Anti Aliasing, if i turn either of them hire than 4x the game crashes oO but on the brighter side it does look alot better than the xbox version, ill post screens too later

1 - 20 of 35 Posts