Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
has someone tryed Star wars Knight of the old Republic on vista? and sith lord? its the nr 2 in the game

does it work fine? and i cant understand that vista is better becase when you whant to play pc games vista sucks ;(

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
has someone tryed Star wars Knight of the old Republic on vista? and sith lord? its the nr 2 in the game

does it work fine? and i cant understand that vista is better becase when you whant to play pc games vista sucks ;(
Why would you think Vista sucks for gaming? It works fine. Go, play KoToR, have fun. I have yet to have trouble with any Direct X games in Vista.

·
!
6,312 Posts
kmja, i think you missed a lot of old good games, so you want to play them. make a dual boot, to play them on Xp perfectly without problems. because a lot of old games doesn't work well on vista, Plus, There is no patches or support for them.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so what shall i do? i have SWKOTOR 1 and 2 and nr one i cant play becase of this
i did play it all the way to the end on the XP when i did have it but now i only have Vista and its hard to play older game that i have :cry:
and i have a lots of older game that i am not sure how to play them on vista

when i did have XP i did also have windows 98 but it did not work so good for me in the same pc
KOTOR sith lord i did have a problem but i have fix it now did need to replace the Mss32

·
!
6,312 Posts
Load of crap!
Completely false. Ignore this advice.
Stupid Fanboy.
so what shall i do? i have SWKOTOR 1 and 2 and nr one i cant play becase of this
i did play it all the way to the end on the XP when i did have it but now i only have Vista and its hard to play older game that i have :cry:
and i have a lots of older game that i am not sure how to play them on vista

when i did have XP i did also have windows 98 but it did not work so good for me in the same pc
KOTOR sith lord i did have a problem but i have fix it now did need to replace the Mss32
it's in your language. what this message is about?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
how can i fix it so i can play KOTOR 1 agian then?
i did complet the game on XP but i like this game so much that i whant to complet it agian but i cant play it on vista ;(

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i have tryed it does not work an the compatibility mode does not work 100%
did not work on KOTOR 2 but i did somthing else to get it working
i rember that i did have MGS and i did go to compatibility mode and did sett it to win 98 when i did have xp before
and when i did get the stinger weapon the game just stop or frezze all the time

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
kmja, i think you missed a lot of old good games, so you want to play them. make a dual boot, to play them on Xp perfectly without problems. because a lot of old games doesn't work well on vista, Plus, There is no patches or support for them.
Load of crap!
Completely false. Ignore this advice.
The fun of seeing a pre-SP1 era vs a post-SP1 era Vista gamer is always.. fun.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
how can i fix it so i can play KOTOR 1 agian then?
Dunno. I can't read your error. I would suggest pasting the error in google though. Whatever problem you're having, there's most likely at least 100 people who have had the exact same problem.

The fun of seeing a pre-SP1 era vs a post-SP1 era Vista gamer is always.. fun.
I gamed on Vista pre-SP1 as well. No issues aside from the known sound problems.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I gamed on Vista pre-SP1 as well. No issues aside from the known sound problems.
Well, there were problems with gaming on Vista running rampant on all sorts of hardware combinations until Vista device drivers (both third-party and those included in Vista) finally started to mature, which really was notable around the time SP1 emerged. If you had no problems before then, more power to you, or rather to your hardware driver manufacturers. :)

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Most of the game i have i cant play on vista and i hate vista for that
*facepalm*
I'm sitting here telling you that Vista is just about as fine for games as XP. You're now saying that you're having trouble with nearly all your games.

Have you stopped to consider that something OTHER than your OS might be the problem? :rolleyes:

·
!
6,312 Posts
Spyhop, We're talking about old games(Games Programmed on Old Software's). Have you tried Resident evil 1 Pc version on Vista?, Have you tried RE3 Pc ver on Vista?. I tried them on vista, it doesn't work well.

kmja, Please man, As Mr.Smart said, Translate the message you got via Google translator to Read it.PLEASE.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.