Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
He does like to pick 'b' movie style subtitles doesn't he?

eg Attack of the clones
Return of the Jedi
The empire strikes back.

Oh and I see that the matrix reloaded has been delayed by another 6 months. The release date is now may 2003.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what is 'b' movie style?
i dont see any significant similarities among the 3 of them...

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
A 'b' movie is a low budget film... usually made in the 50's or 60's.

In the case of the sci fi genre often they had long titles usually containing the words attack,revenge,return,etc...

eg Attack of the 50 Ft woman
Return of the fly
The spiderwoman strikes back

I think you'll see a similarity to these examples.;)

ps Return of the jedi was originally going to be titled revenge of the jedi (b movie style again:p) but was changed at the last minute because "Revenge is not a Jedi Trait".

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i see...

the way i see it, they're like chapter names. the 6 eps are like 6 chapters of one novel. and those names are working pretty well to summarize those chapters.

i dont know, but naming them any other way might seperate it into just a series of movies, like most of them...

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
oh I agree. With the star wars universe there are specific rules that have been made from even the first film. The naming convention is just one. Another one which Mr lucas himself wishes he never made is that there is sound in space.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
If only he could also make episodes 7,8 and 9(yeah,originaly there were 9 episodes,but he gave up on 7/8/9 because he's quite old and doesn't want to release too much Star Wars at one time)

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, sound in space... well at least it is in a galaxy far far away ;)

i dont know of any movie with no sound in space, even those about this galaxy heheh

there were 9 episodes? where can i see info about that? i thought Anakin was kind of the all important person, balance of the force, you know. how can it continue after his death? dont tell me Luke is the balance now... he doesnt have the guts to go to the dark side and "Return" to the light side, hehehe

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
I only saw the synopsis for the other 3 once long ago so I can't remember it exactly but basically its something like Palatine was not completly distroyed in the distruction of the 2nd death star and takes over another planet. Luke tracks him down for a final confrontation but is overpowered and is forced to the dark side. It is then up to leia to save him.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Originally posted by Betamax
Oh and I see that the matrix reloaded has been delayed by another 6 months. The release date is now may 2003.
Yo Betamax where you heard that the Matrix was being delayed?!

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:yawn:
that doesn't sound good at all. first yoda said anakin was too old to start jedi training, then he said luke was too old, and now how in a galaxy far far away can leia be taught about the force, and with no jedi master around? what is it with the skywalkers?

unless you're certain about it, i'd think it's written by some other writer. there are quite a few novels you know.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I remember one of my friends read all nine books. I don't know anything about the 7, 8, 9 chapters, except that Leia and Han Solo get married and have kids.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Originally posted by takwu

unless you're certain about it, i'd think it's written by some other writer. there are quite a few novels you know.
I'm not as it was a long time ago. I can't even remember where I saw it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts