Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Both links work fine. It was probably just busy... Can't wait for Episode 3, I always enjoy the Star Wars movies.:)

·
Registered
356 Posts
Okay, so far there are no signs of jar jar. And the action looks pretty cool... but it just seems a tad out of whack. I think I'm going to have to hear fan reviews before I make a final opion on the movie.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I hated episode one and didn't even watch episode two. I don't think I'll bother with this either. Star Wars just isn't what it used to be...

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Squigi63 said:
Okay, so far there are no signs of jar jar. And the action looks pretty cool... but it just seems a tad out of whack. I think I'm going to have to hear fan reviews before I make a final opion on the movie.
I'm going to wait until I actually see the movie for myself, and then decide what I think of it.

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Squigi63 said:
but i want to see jar jar dead :(

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
ep 3 will DEFINATELY please all those people who hate the new trilogy. personally i like ep 1 and ep 2 very much, even though i have to admit that they were quite different.

·
Registered
356 Posts
personally i like ep 1 and ep 2 very much, even though i have to admit that they were quite different.
I can't believe you said that.

but i want to see jar jar dead
We all are hoping for the same thing. But if Lucas doesn't kill him off then at least have the curtosy of not putting him in.

The only thing that would make me happy is if the got rid of all this CG crap and went back to the mintures like the orginal trilogy.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
I'm just curious why people hate the first 2 episodes so much? What's wrong with the computer animation? That's the way it is today. There wasn't computer animation in the 70's, which is why they used the technology that was available. It's the story that counts, and not the way the movie is made in my opinion.

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
Esturk said:
I'm just curious why people hate the first 2 episodes so much? What's wrong with the computer animation? That's the way it is today. There wasn't computer animation in the 70's, which is why they used the technology that was available. It's the story that counts, and not the way the movie is made in my opinion.
Nothing is wrong with the CGI they used, if anything its excellent. But the people who enjoyed the original trilogy are now alot older and they are making movies aimed practically at a age level under 13 IMO. The movies seemed extremely kiddy and left nothing to keep more mature people occupied. I didn't think they were "bad" exactly, but i sure as hell didn't enjoy either of them half as much as the original trilogy. And i would much rather see a plotless movie that entertains me than a movie with a plot thats boring and uneventful (not pertaining to Star Wars but to your comment on stories) if all i wanted was a story, i'de read a book...

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
Esturk said:
I hate episodes 1&2, and it's not because of the computer animation. The whole plot of both movies completely fails to amuse me, the characters are bad (and I'm not talking only about Jar Jar)... they pale in comparison to the original trilogy.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts