Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well what do you think?
It's Star Trek enough, but also something else... they're approaching Star Wars again... all for the better tho, I think.

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
another reason for holding a Trekkie convention I guess. :D

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Beta sits twidling his thumbs whilst he waits for it to be released in the rest of the world

Can't say as Sky one won't have the right to broadcast for another 2 months.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ohhh
i didnt realize only north americans get to watch it this past wednesday :emb:

but still i cant believe so few replies so far...

guys, i dont know what you watch on tv, but imo star trek is as good as it gets on tv. and if you havent seen any star trek, this Enterprise premiere episode is a good place to start :)

·
Scourge of the Seven Seas
2,412 Posts
I just saw it (recorded it), it was pretty cool. "Heh, heh, he said ass." :p. It was a very good Star Trek, even my sister (avid Star Trek hater) kinda liked it. That is, she watched more than ten minutes of it :p. Very good story, well acted, great FX, and one hot Vulcan *drool* :eek: :D.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Ahh.. yes... my mother got me into trekking... and no... I do not wear vulcan ears... nor have I tried the spitting language of the Klingons... but I've watched Star Trek *somewhat* faithfully since STNG. Of course... nothing will... EVER beat STNG... but anyhow.

Enterprise. I guess I should be less critical.. but... but... but ... they butchered the theme!! What on earth is that introductory theme?!?!?! It was like... old people music. Really old people music. Like... Golden Girls type music.

As for the Vulcan... yeah... even as a critical female... I have to say... she beats Jeri Ryan hands down... partially probably because of the antigravity effect they put on her (really... people... was that 'decontamination room' scene really necessary... and do vulcans... never wear bras??).

Scott Bakula... well... I liked him in Quantum Leap...

Heheh... I liked the Photon Rifle... HAHAHAHA... that made me laugh.... Dang... we have rednecks in the future too??

Sorry... I didn't hate it... it was decent... Still got a long way to go to prove something though. :) I guess I'll just have to watch it.... every week.... to see if it improves... <laugh>

Oh.. one more thing... what do you guys think of the.. extremely young bridge crew?? None of them (besides Scott Bakula) look a day over 27.

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
whoa....we got a Real Live Trekkie here. :D

·
Registered
767 Posts
Hey Hey, Shiori. You take that back.. people *are* going to start thinking I'm a freak. I'll have you know that Stephen Hawking watched Star Trek... and if it's good enough for the modern Einstein.. heck.. it's good enough for me..... :p

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
....nothin' wrong with being a Star Trek fan here. :) but if you insist....okay, i take it back. :p

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ohh, right.
when I asked "what do you think?" I wasnt thinking about the Photon Rifle, or rather Vulcans wear bras... :)

I was more on rather the story made sense and rather it was interesting, and how the presentation was done, etc. In other words, rather it was entertaining for you.

I have forgotten most Trekkies (and others) worry more about the details and rather things can happen. Personally I ignore things like that. But don't get me wrong, keep those comments coming as you see fit, I just didn't expect them at first ;)

So here's more of what I think:
The story was great. An advanture of a man who wanted to fly. His father has built the engine, but never saw the day it is used as it is meant to be. He has to complete this mission, successfully. And in the process he has to rely on old friends and new allies, to defeat never-even-imagined enemies.
I hope I didn't spoil it for anyone :)

The presentation is what I meant by "approaching Star Wars". Gone are the uninhabitted deserts and forests, or beautiful and mysterious space anomalies, all typical of Star Trek scenery. And now we see lively locales filled with strange aliens going about their everyday business. Conflicts and harmonies undistinguishably confuse the new visitors from Earth.

Of course there is still a good dose of Star Trek style action. Away team mission to setup a polarity inverting magnetic pulse in enemy territory; starship battles with charged up phasers and evasive maneuvers.

All in all, I would say this is a helluva sci fi feature. Just because it's on TV doesn't mean it's not as good as a movie. And in this case, it is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts