Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Diehard 3Dfx Fanboy!
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a bunch of neat screenshots that I took today while playing the game with Khaliban's model of the 1701-A Enterprise (that's the ship design used in the first 6 Star Trek movies, for those of you non-trekkers ;)).

For those of you who have the game and are curious about the model, you can search www.bcfiles.com for "Khaliban 1701-A", and you should be able to find it, as well as some other screenshots of it.

It's an incredible model, it weighs in at roughly 9800 polygons (that's right, nine thousand eight hunderd polys -- which is rather big for the game's engine, IIRC), is using some rather hi-res textures (I think they are 1024x1024 res), and I kid you not, it is perfectly playable ingame, even with a large amount of action going on (i.e., several ships engaged in battle with one another), even on "low end" video cards.

·
Diehard 3Dfx Fanboy!
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Almost forgot, here's two more. The first one shows off some neat dual-phaser action (some cardassian's gettin' some pain! :evil: ), and another one which I took right after firing the aft Photon Torpedo launcher (hence the amount of red light being reflected off the ship).

Oh, and to clarify something about the tactical interface seen in some of the shots:

I had managed to use this model to overwrite the model of the Galaxy Class that the game uses for single player (why? Because I want to see how well a old vessel like this can handle ships that are about 100 years more advanced than it, that's why!), but I am at a loss as to how to get the icon to be replaced with the 1701-A's icon (the model's icon is included somewhere, I just am not sure how to point the game at it yet). So, to sum up, I made the game think this model is the Galaxy class.

ANYWAY....comments, questions, jaws dropping at the insane resolution of the model?

-edit-
Added a couple more pics. That poor Ambassador Class never knew what hit it. :cry: :evil: And a couple more beauty shots of the Ent-A model orbiting a planet, flying in Warp, and leaving spacedock.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts