1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Unlimited...
6,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Star Ocean: The Last Hope sails onto PS3 Feb. 9
By Tom Magrino, GameSpot
Posted Sep 16, 2009 4:18 pm PT

Square Enix and Tri-Ace's onetime Xbox 360-only JRPG given worldwide 2010 release date on Sony's console.

Historically, Tri-Ace's Japanese role-playing game franchise Star Ocean had been limited to Sony's platforms. So it was mildly surprising when Microsoft announced a deal with Square Enix to bring Star Ocean: The Last Hope exclusively to the Xbox 360 in February as part of its campaign to woo Japanese audiences.

A space shuttle's durability cannot be understated.

However, even at the time of its announcement, Square Enix indicated that The Last Hope's exclusivity may only be on a temporary basis. Today, Square Enix announced that Star Ocean: The Last Hope International will be available for the PlayStation 3 worldwide on February 9. Square Enix did not indicate what, if any, enhancements or tweaks have been made to the PS3 edition of The Last Hope versus the 360 edition.

The fourth proper installment in the Star Ocean franchise, the game is set after World War III and follows humankind as it makes its way into outer space. For an idea of what to expect from Star Ocean: The Last Hope International on the PS3, check out GameSpot's coverage of the Xbox 360 edition.
More info from psxextreme

Eternal Sonata, Tales of Vesperia, and now, Star Ocean: The Last Hope. Hopefully, it will be the last example of an anticipated RPG that debuts on one platform while leaving owners of another platform out in the cold.

The rumors have flown all year: will Square-Enix ever bring the latest Star Ocean iteration to the PlayStation 3? The answer has always seemed to be a vague "yes," with pieces of evidence pointing towards an eventual port. Well, according to the latest Famitsu issue, it has been confirmed. The game is coming to Sony's console as Star Ocean: The Last Hope International, and like the other two RPGs we just mentioned, it'll contain a host of fresh updates and extra goodies. This one will contain new characters, a revamped combat system, improved menus, and dual-language support for English and Japanese. It's scheduled to release in Japan on February 4, 2010. Now, as you RPG aficionados know, Tales of Vesperia is also coming to the PS3 but there's no word yet on whether or not it'll arrive on US or European shores. We're hoping Square-Enix doesn't ignore other regions with Star Ocean but we'll just have to wait and see...and hope. The "new characters" fact alone should entice many consumers.

From a personal standpoint, I would like to add that after spending 25 hours with The Last Hope, I found it to be a solid and engaging RPG, but the fighting system finally got to me. That "improved targeting system" may or may not help; I'm not sure. But either way, I really would like to see other RPG fans in this country get a crack at it.
I feel so sorry for you Kaizen lol

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Ugh. Just looked at a gameplay vid to see if I'd be interested. One of those games that think a frigging battle just isn't interesting enough. Need more color enegy waves......more.....more.........more.......... there's still a spot of visible ground over here....more........I haven't lost my sight yet....more.....more......THERE we go. PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW!!! :rolleyes:

Also one of those games where the female characters think underwear is battle-appropriate.

360 can keep that one. ;)

·
Finger of Doom
823 Posts

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Beta tested - but quality is not assured
No RROD - but there are chances of YLOD
Extra character - is the story revised?
Enjoyable - let's hope so...
CELL processing - great... now use that with FFXIII
Japan love PS3 - and EU does too.

Aside from graphics, which I can confidently say at this point that if FFXIII doesn't look anywhere near that, S-E is definitely bribed... and honestly, the demo of FFXIII IMO doesn't look anywhere near that.

The rest I'm not sure... and "Japan love PS3" has nothing to do with SO4. :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.