Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Star Ocean the 2nd Story

ePSXe 1.7.0
All plugins are default, Video plugin I used was Pete's DXD(not sure about the name)
Hardware Specs:
Athlone 64 X2 4600+ @ 2.52GHz
ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro(Display Driver: 9.2)

Finally, the last game I tested. I played it on maxed video settings, it runs smooth without any slowdowns. The backgrounds however are very pixelated when "Screen smoothing" isn't checked... Even then it's quite blocky. It's the only game which looks ALOT and I mean "ten thousand times" better on the pSX emulator, lol. But it's fully playable and the worldmap looks nice with AA^^.

·
The Undependable.
1,249 Posts
And you need help because?... anyway. If you want the game to have better graphics, I suggest you use pete's openGl 2 (the download for the plugin can be found in the mainpage). It should be perfect for the game and should make it look alot better, especially if you're using the DXD plugin. Plus the plugin allows you to use shaders (do some research if you wish to know more about that.)

But hope I've helped you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no no, I didn't ask for help, but thank you anyway^^.
I'm playing SO2nd on pSX, looks better there imo. I actually only use ePSXe for 3d games and pSX for 2d, that way I do not have to change the plugins all the time.
I just added this compatibility report so everyone else(especially the developers) know that this game is playable.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
stop wasting our time then. further, stop posting using the D3D plugin since its only worth using on Intel chips.

its substantially slower on newer ATI and NV hardware then either OpenGL plugins.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts