Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Fluffy Animal Admirer
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a strange issue with Star Ocean on PPSSPP where there are invisible characters and issues with buffered rendering

Buffered rendering on:

Invisible characters outside battle
Visible characters in-battle

With Buffered Rendering off:

Visible characters outside battle
Invisible battle backgrounds/only shows HUD

Using PPSSPP 0.8.1-220-g69d1487 64-bit

Here's a better example of what's going on

This should not be happening, characters should be visible before, during and after battles, not one or the other. I mean, granted, one could press F5 to toggle it on/off, but it shouldn't be a required thing to do Wink Not to mention that characters stand in front of roofs and counters and aren't behind them

·
クロスエクス
4,662 Posts
Known issue, and it's worse for non-nVIDIA gpus as you won't even see the characters in town.

*has Radeon gpu* :cry:

·
Fluffy Animal Admirer
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Known issue, and it's worse for non-nVIDIA gpus as you won't even see the characters in town.

*has Radeon gpu* :cry:

Damn....It happens on my GPU as well, but I can use F5 to turn it on and off, but neither option is a good solution, either battles or NPCs are invisible, but I hope they at least look into it.

Look at the video more carefully, the townspeople are invisible, unless I press F5, but then the battles are invisible, so neither option is a viable solution. Star Ocean 2 is now fixed, but this game isn't.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts