Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi everyone. i need your help in order to decide which of these games i will buy. which of the three do u think is the best ?

thakns in advance ;)

·
Registered
822 Posts
Star Ocean 3 = Ok Story, Good Battle System, Tons of Sidequests and the evil Bunny ;)
Drakengard = Weird and disturbing story, Pretty linear, a lot of hack and slash
Dark Cloud 2 = Just like Star Oceans in terms of Story and extras, Battle system is ok as well.

I will let you decide from there since I have all of them.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have Star Ocean 3 and Dark Cloud 2 and honestly, I'd pick DC 2. DC let's you smith weapons just like SO but it's on another level. You control what power and attributes the weapon has. The battle system is pretty much the same but there's no switching in DC. When you enter a dungeon, your already in battle mode.

The stories are pretty much the same in terms of interest. SO does have more characters and endings.
I have almost 70 hours in DC and I'm in the last dungeon. SO is only at 25 hours and i'm close to the end of disc 1.

Drakengard I haven't played. I'll prolly grab it when it hits 20 or 30 dollars.

·
/dev/user
407 Posts
Drakengard relies on cheapshots, especially later in the game. It's not hard per se, but it is really annoying. It's kinda cool to get the level three dragon and go around on early levels and just destroy everything :D

PS I beat it in an afternoon so I suppose it relies on replay value or something. You may want to choose one of the other ones. I really liked Dark Cloud 2. The secret dungeon boss has me baffled though :???:

·
Emulation Junkie
828 Posts
I'd pick SO3 if it was me

·
Souless Angel
900 Posts
I'd pick Dark Cloud 2.

Drakengard: Short, fun for awhile, but very repitious. Don't expect alot of variety.
Star Ocean 3: If you like the FF series in recent years, but slightly varied and less spectacular.

Dark Cloud 2: You have a large quest, about 20 mini games, camera work, a golf game, fishing game, and smithing. There's a decent story, if slightly cute and childish. Graphics are pretty nice looking. It's nice to see what True Fantasy Online could have looked like through this game.

·
The one and only
3,658 Posts
id say star ocean 3.

Dark cloud is a pretty old game, u can get it used cheap. Its a good game in all, but im for all the new stuff

Drakengard: i heard its pretty bad, hardly any replay

Star ocean 3: i havent played yet, but i have played star ocean 1 and 2, and they are fantastic.

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
Possible spoiler?
Isn't Drakengard the one where the 'hero' is having sex with his sister???

EWWWWWWW........
End Spoiler

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So 3 - Dc 2

So it's dark cloud or star ocean. I've heard good stuff about DC (many ppl consider it the best rpg for ps2) . However having played all ff's from ff7 and over i consider square-enix more reliable. So i guess I'll go for SO 3.
thanks for your recommendation! :thumb:

·
Souless Angel
900 Posts
sorry I have to do this...

square-enix ...realiable...

lmao...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
right

Zer0Soul said:
sorry I have to do this...

square-enix ...realiable...

lmao...

I refer to square-enix as being reliable cuz of the FF series. I really haven't tried other games like Drakengard but man Final fantasy simply rocks :guitar: !
But u're probably right reliable is more than square enix deserves.

·
Back to regular business
3,258 Posts
Radix865 said:
I'd go for SO3 too... but I'm an star ocean fan, so...

Oh, there's two discs in SO3 in europe too...
It could have been one disc, if they had used a DVD9. I recently got SO3, too (Imagine: It is the first tri-ace game that ever reaches Europe!!!). They should have added a 60Hz mode as well.

What do you think: Will it include some nice secrets/mini games? Star Ocean would be cool.

·
Registered
822 Posts
F-3582 said:
It could have been one disc, if they had used a DVD9. I recently got SO3, too (Imagine: It is the first tri-ace game that ever reaches Europe!!!). They should have added a 60Hz mode as well.

What do you think: Will it include some nice secrets/mini games? Star Ocean would be cool.
This game has enough sidequest to last you about 4 playthrough and an investment of about 200-300 hours if you want to do it. How much more do you want?

·
Back to regular business
3,258 Posts
I knew that, but I thought that they might have included one of its prequels (Like Day Of The Tentacle did).

P.S.: Paratech,
there are spoiler tags that might work better than your method

1 - 20 of 24 Posts