Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Runs just fine with FreeDo. Some graphical glitches, but sound is spot on, and the intro video / voices are awesome for such an old game :D

·
space trader
1,803 Posts
CKemu said:
Runs just fine with FreeDo. Some graphical glitches, but sound is spot on, and the intro video / voices are awesome for such an old game :D

THANK YOU !!

...for providing the information I needed, in such short notice. :D ...gotta LOVE Star Control 2 !! :wub:

·
Premium Member
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not a problem, glad I could help, been playing it quite abit myself actually :D Rather fun, and a rather unique game :D

·
space trader
1,803 Posts
...yes, it's quite an experience. :D

The reason I was interested in emulating this, is that the 3DO version is considered the "definitive" one. :D (there's also a project dedicated to porting the 3DO version to the PC, which is progressing rather nicely).

If you really like it, (and if you can stomach the retro graphics & sound of the classic games of "yesteryear"), you may want to try out the classic "Starflight" series (which were the main inspiration for SC2 - some more details along with a couple of screenshots, can still be found here
and also here ). :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts