Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Shadow of nothing...
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you had any strange things that happen at bed time? I've had some weird experinces. This used to happen sometimes but not anymore. When I try to move body, I can't. So I try moving around in all directions and still can't move. Then I give up, then I find myself moving all the limbs that I was trying to move in the exact same crazy order I was trying before. :???: And there was another time where i played Aliens vs Predator for the first time. The game was scary enough (about 4 mini heart attacks, jumped out of my seat a million times, and it almost felt as if I was being attacked like the marine was, plus often I found my self saying "Oh god, oh jesus oh jesus, oh god" wondering when an alien was going to attack me.) That night, I though I saw aliens crawl around on my walls and floor. and other stuff I can't rember.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Dude, whatever you're using, quit it :p

Just kidding.
I had some creepy feelings during nighttime when I was little, can't explain them, but it didn't feel well, I also had a freaking lot of nightmares. But nowadays I don't have them anymore. But when I play games late at night, I won't sleep well, or at least restless. When I played Grandia 2 the whole day, I was still battling while asleep, which definately wasn't a good thing. I only had that a few nights, since it's such a short game :p

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
Alien vs Predator late at night i know what you mean!!
I dont really have these kind of problems now but used to, the worst one was a long time ago when i was about 7 and there was this shadow that looked like a hanged man, scared the sjit out of me. The other was shortly after my best friend died and at night i opened my eyes and had the impression that i saw his face.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Well nothing really like that here... worst i have is my left foot always seems to end up wonky in the morning. As soon as I put weight on it I feel a crunch. Then after about a min or two of limping everything is perfectly fine :p

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
blueshogun96 said:
Have any of you had any strange things that happen at bed time? I've had some weird experinces. This used to happen sometimes but not anymore. When I try to move body, I can't. So I try moving around in all directions and still can't move.
Sounds like sleep paralysis.. I've been having those for quite a while, alot less now but very frequently younger. IIRC they're caused by stress and lack of sleep.

blueshogun96 said:
Then I give up, then I find myself moving all the limbs that I was trying to move in the exact same crazy order I was trying before. :???:
that has never happend though... usually i just "unparalyse". normally during sleep paralysis you feel a huge force pressing you down, everything seams loud, and you see all ****ed up...
at least from my experience that is

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
i sufer of the same thing, is terrible you try to move but you can't, also you are in some kind of weird state that i know im awake but i cannot move.

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
Chrono Archangel is right, it sounds like sleep paralysis to me too.

Anyway, one day I played Diablo II 18-20 hours straight (I'm not sure of the exact amount). When I went to sleep I wouldn't stop seeing images from the game when I closed my eyes, and I dreamed about fighting skeletons and demons all night :lol:

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Well I don't really have anything "weird" happen to me at night, but for the past week now, I havn't been able to get any sleep. Hopefully this goes away soon :/

But once I sat on the edge of my bed, went to get up and fell to the floor. :p I guess my body was still sleeping and my mind was awake >_< It was funny as hell though :p

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
I use to have a habit of sleeping on my arm...when I woke up, I couldn't feel my arm for 10 minutes every morning.

That was when I was a side sleeper...I'm a back sleeper now, so no more problems :)

·
The seeker of perfection
3,628 Posts
Kirby said:
That was when I was a side sleeper...I'm a back sleeper now,
So now you don't feel you back every morning right? :lol: :lol:

I also had suffered of sleep paralysis because of lack of sleep but not anymore.
The worst was when i was playing Silent Hill 2 at 2:00 am and then i went to sleep. I swear i kept hearing strange noises all the night. (Btw, is it true that this game contained something called Infrasound that after a while it upsets you, and makes you a little paranoic? )

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
heh, last time I 'saw' something scarry in bed time sleep was the T-Rex from Jurassic Park, after projection of that film of course, what was my age? hmmm 8 maybe 9, dunno :D, and I don't have any of those 'sleep paralysis' problem :)

·
"Insert witty title here"
1,049 Posts
I remember going to bed one night. I had my door closed, all my curtains shut, and the only light in my room was my VCR clock, which had a bluish-green light. I closed my eyes and opened them a few seconds later because I felt a presence. I looked next to my door, and there was a red, gaseous light flowing through my door's keyhole. I kid you not! I closed my eyes again and kept telling myself "not real, not real". When next I opened them, it was gone. oO That was the only supernatural experience I've ever had. One time, I could of swore I saw a pair of red eyes in one of our upstairs bedrooms, but there were plenty of places for light to get in then.

·
Registered
416 Posts
i dreamed about somebody, who i really hate. i tried to slap him and hit the hart wall next to my bed ;_;... xD

a friend slept next to me on a couch, 0,5 m between us, the next morning i awake with her bedspread and she with my bedspread ô_O .

between sleeping and awaken i cant moove too. all my body is shaking, i dream with open eyes and hear or feel my imaginations >_< i feel really bad if i think something touch my shoulder or scream my name <_<... fortunately i will never sleep alone again ^^.

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
Kirby said:
I use to have a habit of sleeping on my arm...when I woke up, I couldn't feel my arm for 10 minutes every morning.

That was when I was a side sleeper...I'm a back sleeper now, so no more problems :)
lol it happenned to me once and i freaked out lol
it was the first timei couldnt feel my whole arm

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've experienced sleep paralysis when I was around 10 or so. I woke up in the middle of the night because I had to go to the bathroom. I lay there with my eyes open, fully awake yet unable to move any limbs. After a few minutes I was able to get out of bed and almost had to drag myself to the bathroom. The journey back to bed wasn't nearly as much fun though.

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
Sleep paralysis can account for a lot of claims about alleged alien abductions. Many of the sensations described by the "alien abductees" are exactly like the symptons of sleep paralysis. The Skeptical Inquirer magazine has an article about it: Abduction by Aliens or Sleep Paralysis?

It's not an uncommon disorder.

·
Shadow of nothing...
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
When I was 4, I used to have nightmares EVERY single night. I hated going to bed, not because I didn't feel tired, but I always knew I would have a nightmare. Every now and then, I would have a normal dream about disney characters. The nightmares were basically all the same. the thing they were all about were the motion detectors in our house. They always scared the living crap out of me awake and asleep. There was a little light that would turn on every time it sees you move. I thought it was scary because I didn't understand why. In my nightmares, they would be all over the place even where they werent supposed to be. And when the little light turns on, wierd scary things would happen like the walls turning cycadelic colors in black and white and I would find my self either being hurled around in cyber space or a creepy unbearable noise would drive me nuts. And for some reason, the smoke detector was my friend. Me and the smoke detector would have adventures. Yeah, I know it's wierd trying to understand what I'm saying, but I was 4 and I had a wild imagination. Well, the nightmares stopped when i was 7, and then the living nightmares began. I moved east :hdbash:

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
KanedA said:
heh, last time I 'saw' something scarry in bed time sleep was the T-Rex from Jurassic Park, after projection of that film of course, what was my age? hmmm 8 maybe 9, dunno :D, and I don't have any of those 'sleep paralysis' problem :)
Oo I had the exact same thing happen to me at about 6 or 7. Damn T-Rex scared me to death. Only in my dream he had a Knife and was trying to stab me :p

·
"Insert witty title here"
1,049 Posts
Oh yeah? I had a dream where I was standing on a conveyor belt in a factory. I got to a point where the conveyor belt went in a circle. Some walls surrounded the entire conveyor belt circle, and a bunch of George Jetson dolls with huge, cheesy smiles were stabbing me in the feet! :lol:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts