Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so pissed :angry: :angry:

It looks like it's a trend between developers to delay their titles.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl will not hit its previously planned May release date. According to GSC's Oleg Yavorksy, GSC stated, "We're happy THQ has afforded us more time to work on this. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl is a huge, genre-defining game and we're going to make sure we release the game when it's reached our own very high standards, and those expected by our fans, and not before."
STALKER Official Page

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
If there was, every single PC game developer/publisher would be guilty. What would be better is if they didn't give a release date, since they're bound to go past it anyways.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Exodus said:
If there was, every single PC game developer/publisher would be guilty. What would be better is if they didn't give a release date, since they're bound to go past it anyways.

heh that could be even wors... in some cases ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Not giving any kind of release dates would be good.. since that would mean all the lying idiots at the marketing dep. would be kicked out of gaming companies since they would be useless.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I agree, if they do not know if they are going to finish it, do not post a date. It gets annoying especially when it is in pre-order status. The company that has the track record for delaying the most from what I recall is Working Desigsn, it took almost an extra year to release the Growlanswer Generation PS2 games here.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
I think you're forgetting the most famous release date delayer: Duke Nukem Forever. Occasionaly we hear that it'll be done in a few months. Then nothing more is heard for about a year.
Personaly I'd rather developers delayed releases rather than releasing buggy slow software like Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines which basicaly doesn't work without a patch.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Oh no I have not forgotten about Duke Nuken, I just simply put that as a myth :D. You are right though, I think that would top any game delays that are currently happening.

·
Some Scottish Guy
4,276 Posts
At least EA haven't bought the rights to S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Yet.

As for Duke Nukem Forever, I have a feeling that the delay is caused by updating it to the Unreal 3.0 Engine. That and making it the most interative game ever.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
Whats pathetic is that even with all the delays, theres always a patch that comes out in the first week. And they're not just addressing hardware issues, which would be understandable. They fix things that should have never been overlooked in a final release.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
>As for Duke Nukem Forever, I have a feeling that the delay is caused by updating it to the Unreal 3.0 Engine.

Another engine change? They've already changed it about 6 or 7 times. First off there was a custom engine, then there was Prey, then Half-Life, then Unreal, then Unreal 2, and now Unreal 3!

>That and making it the most interative game ever.

I would really doubt those claims

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
Its going to be funny once it does come out and it ends up being "just another shooter."

·
Some Scottish Guy
4,276 Posts
Kane said:
>As for Duke Nukem Forever, I have a feeling that the delay is caused by updating it to the Unreal 3.0 Engine.

Another engine change? They've already changed it about 6 or 7 times. First off there was a custom engine, then there was Prey, then Half-Life, then Unreal, then Unreal 2, and now Unreal 3!

>That and making it the most interative game ever.

I would really doubt those claims
Yeah, lol, the DNF budget could probably wipe out Third World Debt.

As for my hope it's the most interactive experience ever, I'm just remembering the E3 videos. :D The donkey = best vehicle ever?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
industrian said:
As for Duke Nukem Forever, I have a feeling that the delay is caused by updating it to the Unreal 3.0 Engine.
Quoting myself:
klatch said:
This has been speculated aswell as denied by all but official sources AFAIK. What's your source?
Yet this time around, I know of at least one official denial on the 3drealms forums by G B himself. Did I miss anything?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Joke about it if you will, but I do wait for it. Be it patiently. :p

As for STALKER's delay, they probably can't deliver their promises as of yet.

For those who seem to favor no release dates at all; it doesn't work. The videogame industry heavily depends on hype, and people are hard to get excited if you can't tell them when they can get their hands on the product. Release dates exist, to keep people happy, hungry, and interested.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Hahaha, I can't wait until DNF comes out and everyone proclaims it the greatest FPS ever made ;). Well, I for one am usually happy to hear that a game is delayed. The more time a developer gets to work on a game, the more they are able to perfect it. Just look at how well Ocarina of Time turned out after how much it was delayed. Ok, so there are a few games that got delayed and ended up crap anyway, but those are usually because of a serious breakdown in the development process.

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,775 Posts
Nothing can beat the Half-Life 2 thing anyways, when Valve kept saying it'd be released until the day it was supposed to be in stores... when they said, ooo wait it'll be delayed... ( and we waited another year )

1 - 19 of 19 Posts