Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone managed to extract the opening/intro FMV of SSX3?
http://www.easportsbigonline.com/games/ssx3/home.jsp
the D:/DATA/MOVIES directory contains a bunch of .mpc files. the headers of these files contain the string 'Encoded with MPEG Gimex module' but my current set of codecs don't seem to recognise the format. i used Extractor 2.x on the .mpc files but the application just splits the files into thousands of .txt files. joining these .txt files into one large media wouldn't make any sense. hmm ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update:

a few google searches indicate .mpc files are derivates of the MPEG-2 audio layer. i think, however, EA is using the .mpc extension in a different context because there's a separate audio directory with several files including two of which are hundreds of megabytes in size (i guess these are the radio stations). side note: i just checked the SSX Tricky DVD-ROM and there are many files in the video directory also in .mpc format. in fact there's a file called SSXINTRO.MPC

in regard to SSX 3, there are two files that i think are part of (or are) the intro, INTRO.MPC and INTRO_DJ.MPC. these files are the same size at 169 MB each. anyone has any clues how to extract the full intro from these files? the latest release of GiGaHeRz's FMV Search & Extract Tool doesn't seem to work on .mpc files.

·
B( o Y o )BS!
895 Posts
My tool is used to extract hidden videos, it's not used to extract the video from unknown formats. maybe someday I might implement a demuxer into the program, but not now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts