Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
already posted about it the other thread, anyway:

If you don't set up the 2nd joypad, it will act as if it weren't connected.
SH2 to SMPC direct mode is temporarly mounted (whatever that means)
SH2 code was corrected.
The polygons in World Advanced Daisenryaku are now displayed again.
Operation of the SCU DSP was corrected.
The models in Dead or Alive are displayed correctly.
Grandia works, but in-game voice is strange.
SCU interrupt processing was corrected.
Some games that were broken in R10 are now fixed (ex. Soul Hackers, Nanatsu Kaze no Shima Monogatari)

Remarkeble machine power is needed to reproduce the movies in Grandia exactly. On my own Pentium 4 setup, it was not reproduced exactly no matter the settings. On my Athlon X2 setup, when pulling up the Dot Clock to 3.2 and the Slave SH2 speed to 100%, it was reproduced without a problem. This is the first time I saw a program that used both SH2 and the DSP to its fullest.

An option to check the Idle loop of the slave SH2 was added.
The slave SH2 starts processing if the master SH2 commands it to do so.
It (the option) is there so the Slave SH2 is not processed until this command is sent, if the option is enabled then the slave SH2 will enter an idle loop until it recieves such a command.
However, it is a simple check so some game may not work well when its enabled (ex. Greatest Nine 98'). (note sure if I got this right, but it should mean something like this)
A Memory Error check option was also added.
Since there are quite a lot of attempts to access inaccurate (memory) addresses, by default this will create dummy addresses. (note: in other words, this will create a dummy memory address whenever something tries to process an invalid memory address so the program doesn't lock up/crash/etc)
There may be no necessity to use this option.
Please think of it as a tool for debugging.

If the Shift key is pressed during startup, it will activate a hidden function in SSF - the number of SH2 commands will be temporarily set to -10 before startup.
If the CTRL key is pressed in a similar fashion, the SH2 Idle Loop Check will temporarly change.

very rough translation but should be easier to understand then Babelfish. notes in bold are mine. In the second block, the author is talking about his own computers, those are listed at the bottom of the emus homepage.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I'm Hungarian and live in Hungary, I just really like Japan and how its so different then the rest of the world, and that naturally comes with interest in learning the language too. But I don't know Japanese yet if thats what you mean, I use a non-sucky translator and then check the ununderstandable parts with JWPce.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool. I was asking because I started to learn Japanese a year ago, mainly because I want to play some non-translated videogames ;)

·
Registered
774 Posts
You have Madou Monogatari too? Heh, I've been hoping to be able to play that for a while too. Actually, with my current level of Japanese I can understand a lot of what people are saying, just not enough of the kanji to get through it... yet. But recently I was trying to play Grandia by looking up kanji in a book I got a while ago as I went, and I was able to understand roughly 50% of the text. With that level of understanding you can just look up the parts you don't know. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts