Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I just noticed a new release of the saturn emulator SSF. This release could be a little old since i just found out about this new host he's using. (Old website still has R11 :p)

Once again, no details can be given on whats new, but you guys are more then welcomed to try it out and post your results.

SSF Homepage & Download

EDIT: actually, I just checked and its release date is today :)

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
Well for one thing i have to admit that this guy is really corageous to go on with that.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Looks like you need SSE2 instruction set on your cpu as one of the requirements. Seeing how I'm unable to afford a new machine, I'm locked out of this emulator and chankast (lousy SSE instruction set new stuff not compatible with old cpu's)....... :mad:

·
Registered
774 Posts
There do seem to be some real improvements in this version from the last one. The 2d graphics are nearly perfect with all the games I tried, and it also goes in game Slayers Royal 2 now, which I don't believe it used to do. If the author could just get the sound working and get the speed up a bit more, I think we could crown SSF as the new king of saturn emus ;). On a side not, could anyone figure out how to get the scanlines off? They're a bit annoying IMO.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I'm hoping for the day that it will run Panzer Dragoon Saga...unfortunately, my cpu is lacks SSE so I can't try it out :(

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
I tested it with Dragon Force and it actually runs it but slowly and still no sound support.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
n_w95482 said:
It looks like it supports SSE2 but it isn't required, as it also lists SSE.
IF that emu was about to require SSE2... that would be strange very strange...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ssf 0.07 R12

In my system (AMD Athlon XP 2600+) v0.07 R12 complains something about SSE2 and closes...

R11 works OK.

Time to upgrade? :-/

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
check the date of the tread...

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hp78 said:
In my system (AMD Athlon XP 2600+) v0.07 R12 complains something about SSE2 and closes...

R11 works OK.

Time to upgrade? :-/
some one has answered you in Emutalk. :p
only P4s and Athlon64s handle SSE2 instructions

1 - 12 of 12 Posts