Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,

ive been using SSF without any real problem for a while, but just recently it is gone so slow that i cannot even use it,

the games start off at a perfectly reasonable speed then about 20 seconds in it just all slows right down to just a few fps,

ive tried the following:
1. reinstalled direct-x
2. made sure nothing else is running in the background (like virus programs etc)
3. all different EZ settings
4. field skip on/off
5. using directdraw mode

but absolutely nothing resolves it

my specs are:

Pentium D 3.0Ghz (dual core)
1Ghz Ram
Geforce 512mb Graphics
Windows XP SP2 with the latest most up to date Direct X on it

i was using SSF on my laptop over 2 years ago and getting good speeds and that had a much lower spec on it (Pentium D 1.76Ghz with 512mb Ram and bog standard onboard graphics) so i cannot understand what the hell is going on

thanks everyone for their help

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
first of all what game are you trying...

if its a 3d game then from experience you need to upgrade your system as some saturn 3d games kills your system, or some games will give less than 1 fps because of too much 3d graphics are occuring... remember everything is done in software so your video card is out of the question...

if its a game that ran fine before then check if your cpu isnt used by a rogue program as this emulator needs serious cpu

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

hang on GP, which used to play fine for example on my laptop which is a worse slower processor than my pc

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That option hasn't been there for half a decade. Maybe you are just using an old version.
can you read? "i was using SSF on my laptop OVER 2 years ago and getting GOOD SPEEDS and that had a MUCH LOWER SPEC ON IT (Pentium D 1.76Ghz with 512mb Ram and bog standard onboard graphics) so i cannot understand what the hell is going on"

"which used to play FINE for example on my laptop which is a worse slower processor than my pc"

idiot

·
Registered
168 Posts
OK, so you used a 2 year old version on your laptop and it worked fine, but the current version does not work on your faster PC? Why not just use the old version on your faster PC then?

Or if it's the same version causing you problems, then why not try using the latest version of the emulator. It can select cpu priority as well, which may help getting rid of stuttering.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts