Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I've been reminiscing about my wonderful times play Shining Force 3 on the Saturn. Unfortunately my Saturn has no storage device and no longer works well. So I turn to emulation.

I downloaded the latstes version of SSF (numerous versions in fact) and placed my cd in the drive. All worked fine, the system starts up, the game starts to run and it appears flawless. Yet before I can even set up my name within Shining Force 3, the game starts to become choppier and laggier by the second. It builds up going from running smooth and perfect to unbearable choppy and unable to play.

Has anyone got any advice for this? When I tried the game in Cassini it ran flawlessly, apart from the fact it told me at different parts that my disc was unreadable.

·
Registered
12 Posts
What are your PC specs?

Your PC has to support at least SSE2 instructions or it WILL lag horribly...

Intel: Pentium 4 of some flavor or better
AMD: Athlon 64 of some flavor or better

Also, try ripping your disc to ISO and mounting it using Daemon Tools or some other disc emulation software.

·
Bulzome Priest
9 Posts
I am having that problem with the latest version of SSF 0.10 Alpha

but if I play the game on the previous version SSF 0.08 Alpha R10, it runs smoothly, at the cost of several graphical glitches. (Spell effect are all messed up, but it doesn't affect any gameplay)

so, try using the previous version, and like the poster before me, do mount your ISO, instead of using a CD drive

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.