Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i downloaded it and i unziped it and it says when i double click on the ssf.exe file "It failed reading a file"

help

thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
ssftribute.emuunlim.com is pretty recourseful

the saturn bios should be renamed "bios.rom" i think.. just check the page ;p

its undergoing some pretty good updating so most of the content should be fairly accurate with the new SSF Alpha 0.6 along with the old [but good] Giri Giri Project 0.6a.. as well as the upcoming Satourne ST-V/Saturn emu

your best bet is to stick with your saturn since the emu's are still slow and lack sound [although i havent tested the new SSF]

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ok.. download the latest SSF [SSF alpha 006] from here.

extract that to a folder.. say C:/flow/ssf

rename your bios to "boot.rom" and put it in your ssf folder as well

If your using 2k/xp, try one of two things..

Download Adaptecs ASPI 4.70 drivers from here

Install those, reboot, and pop in your saturn game cd and run SSF.exe

if it refuses to run the game saying "There is no CD drive which can be used."

then what I did, was go to my C:\Program Files\ahead\Nero folder, copy Nero's WNASPI32.dll from that folder, and copied it into my SSF folder and it run

if your on 98se/ME then you shouldnt have to worry about the CD-rom stuff

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i am running on win 98

I am running on win 98 i install it and every thing but when i go to ssf.ini all it has is 5 or 6 black blocks i cant get it to work (will a menu come up like epsxe or will it try to see if a cd is in the tray)

thanks

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
still same problem

i am sorry for not posting lateley because i have been looking for my games i had and i cant find any so i figured it should work with regular music cds but it still says "It failed reading a file" thats error 10 but tell me if i am wrong about the music cds

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh yah

i got it to work:) i got a music cd and i renamed the bios to boot.rom now will it play my backup of bug??

·
MerlinX
12 Posts
I have no choice but to post here as I cannot seem to find and answer anywhere else my ssf has to things on it nothing that looks like a emulator ssf.exe and ssf.a.exe or whatever. Nothing pops up when I try to run them besides this program has run into a prob and needs to close. Now I been using yabause I was hoping this would be better Yabause is good but when you run the sound the game runs slow slow. I am starting to think there just is not good way to emulate a system no matter how you go bout it.

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
I have no choice but to post here as I cannot seem to find and answer anywhere else my ssf has to things on it nothing that looks like a emulator ssf.exe and ssf.a.exe or whatever. Nothing pops up when I try to run them besides this program has run into a prob and needs to close. Now I been using yabause I was hoping this would be better Yabause is good but when you run the sound the game runs slow slow. I am starting to think there just is not good way to emulate a system no matter how you go bout it.
What CPU do you have? SSF iirc requires SSE2 instructions for the CPU. You'll need an Intel 4 and above CPU. Older AMD Athlon CPU's did not have support for the instruction set. An AMD Athlon 64 should though.

·
MerlinX
12 Posts
Sff and Yabause

What CPU do you have? SSF iirc requires SSE2 instructions for the CPU. You'll need an Intel 4 and above CPU. Older AMD Athlon CPU's did not have support for the instruction set. An AMD Athlon 64 should though.
Not sure what computer or what to check to see which it is my uncle gave it to me I do know its 4 years old though but all my other emulators and games like Diablo work great on it. But like I said when I click on either exe it just shuts down and for the Yabause its works excellent with the sound but not so with it. Anyway to change a sound core?

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
IF you right click on your 'my computer' in the start menu and select 'properties', you can see what CPU you have. If it's not at least a Pentium 4 or Athlon 64, SSF won't work. I can't give you much about Yabause since I don't use the emulator. SSF is the best Sega Saturn emu at the moment.

·
MerlinX
12 Posts
Sff and Yabause

IF you right click on your 'my computer' in the start menu and select 'properties', you can see what CPU you have. If it's not at least a Pentium 4 or Athlon 64, SSF won't work. I can't give you much about Yabause since I don't use the emulator. SSF is the best Sega Saturn emu at the moment.
AMD Athlon(tm) it says not sure if thats the one your talking of

1 - 20 of 32 Posts