Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Shining Force 3, works now, it didn't on R7, if I run in windowed mode it even runs at reasonable speed.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Ummm.. http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63921

Shima said:
SH2 Interrupt processing has been corrected.

Video processing improved.

Processing of RGB sprites has been added.

Processing of SCU's built-in DSP corrected.

CD block emulation improved.

Warring States Blade tile issues corrected.

SCSP code has been largely improved.

Modified CDDA playback; only digital reading is done now. Due to the fact that most if not all recent CD drives can read discs digitally, and, because Saturn does digital reading natively, this is the best way to emulate CDDA.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en..its not bad but you got an idea. :)

Up-to-date version of the SSF is the Ver0.07 alpha R8.

Is necessary for the execution of the SSF Ver0.07 the lowest environment
which
OS Windows98/2000/XP/XP 64bit Edition
CPU The FPU, MMX, loads the SSE and the SSE2, TSC the CPU
Memory Above
Video Corresponds to the DirectX8 the card
which The necessity to be able to draw up the texture of the 1024x512 or the 1024x1024
Sound Corresponds to the DirectX8 the card
which The necessity to be able to play back the 44100Hz and the stereo PCM
CD drive Corresponds to the MMC3 the drive
which At the time of ASPI use above ATAPI4 time
speed At the time of IO control use (only Windows2000/XP) above ATAPI or SCSI4 time
In addition BIOS

Emulating circumstance
SH2 emulator 100%
68000 emulator 100%
VDP1 block 100%
VDP2 block 90%
SCU block 100%
SMPC block 100%
SCSP block 50%
CD block 85%

Concrete
SH2 The part which is necessary for game execution almost all mounting
68000 Almost all mounting
VDP1 Almost all mounting
VDP2 Almost all mounting
As for mosaic of gradation and surface of revolution not yet mounting
There is a part bug,
SCU Almost all mounting
There is a bug in the DSP,
SMPC Almost all mounting
As for input only digital pad correspondence
SCSP Only PCM playback, EG, DSP and timer mounting
As for loop only normal mounting
As for LFO and FM wiring not yet mounting
CD Block Almost all mounting
As for multiple session not yet correspondence
As for portion of CDC command not yet mounting
There is a part bug,

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've tried this one for the first time. At the first try it was way to slow (F1 Challenge). But strangely enough, after checking 'wait for V-sync' and '32 bits colour' running full screen (alt-enter) it runs near full speed, if not full speed.

I am satisfied and gonna look up all my old Saturn games!

·
Registered
130 Posts
i am wondering does it work if games r mounted on virtual tools, because i backed up my guardian heroes and mounted it on daemon tools but it always goes to the cd player thing and i can only play the game tracks???? :eyemove:

·
Registered
26 Posts
In 'options' on the first screen, you can select the drive. Virtual drives are also selectable

·
Registered
408 Posts
This project is really coming along! I love it :D.

If this keeps up I can disconnect my Saturn from my TV soon! Go SSF team go!

Virtua Fighter 2 - excellent speed, unforutantely its got a weird doubling/copy effect. Looks like an episode of Dragon Ball Z :chuckle:
Daytona USA - if its not full speed, I can't tell :p. Controls a little flaky but not bad; music is extremely quiet, sound effects are even quieter if not non-existant while racing.
Panzer Dragoon Saga - only a couple graphic glitches it seems like; would like to get analog controller support - I'm far too used to my 3D controller on the saturn in that game.
NiGHTs - works very nice. Slows down barely at certain spots/times, but it's aint bad at all. Again...analog support is really all thats missing.
Burning Rangers - still extremely slow after menu's.
Radiant Silvergun - acceptable speeds, a little jerky; makes me die sometimes :(.

Would try more, but its late :p - really, this is coming along very nicely. It's take a long while to get to this point - but I'm glad they haven't given up and that there are folks willing and able to do this.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
I am shock today when I decide to tried out Shin Shinobi Den on this extraordinary SSF emu and it is fully playable at full speed!!!! What a find! oO Awesome. Megaman 8 is now fully playable with no glitches if I am correct because I didnt seen anything wrong with it. Megaman X3 is going ingame at last but when you tried start button and it goes back to music in screen which is weird to me. X4 is still alots of glitches and only few weird letters are almost reveal to be readable. Thats all for now. This is great opportunitely for us to play sega emu fully soon. :thumb:

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Well, not all games are run fully speeds..only some. What games and what is your PC ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
my games ran slow too, until I turned on waiting for Vsync and 32 bits color mode

·
Registered
10 Posts
muppets4 said:
my games ran slow too, until I turned on waiting for Vsync and 32 bits color mode
I was testing with Nocturne in the Moonlight, baku baku animal and x-men vs street fighter. I gained a bit of speed with v-sync and 32bit color mode but the games were still slow (x-men vs SF did not boot at all but I assume it's cuz of the memory expansion pack not being emulated ? )

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
If it is cartridge backup then you can change memory expansion pack in SSF -- OPTIONS> CARTRIDGE then there you go

·
Registered
10 Posts
ok, I got X-Men vs SF to work but the games still run slow as hell....

Also, when I turn v-sync & 32 bit colors on, SSF starts ****ing up and the only way to fix this is to switch to fullscreen. but if I press ATL+ENTER to go back to windowed mode again, SSF is all screwed up again and the only way around this is to shut down SSF and delete both cfg files....

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
LOL...pain in the @$$ dont you think ? Heh. At least you did it. ;) It is not complete emu yet but you should thanks an author for doing a good job, huh ? :)

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
LOL..you are silly. If you see his site showing the percentages..thats what it is going to improve continously so thats good.

·
Registered
26 Posts
the programmer spends a lot of time getting this far and will be spending lots more time to finish it. You're not the most encouraging user right now.

Praise him who tries!

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
muppets4 said:
the programmer spends a lot of time getting this far and will be spending lots more time to finish it. You're not the most encouraging user right now.

Praise him who tries!
Exactly. I praise him and he is continously doing it. :thumb:

msegard, at least try to be a positive because you are not very helpful. If you complain about it...get your own sega saturn console. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts