Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today a new release of the Saturn emulator called SSF. Have fun understanding Google's translation of the release notes :p
  • DSP,68000 order, VDP2 drawing processing, recreating of CD block and temporary mounting et cetera of dynamic recompiling.
    After all, as for being largest it probably is to introduce dynamic recompiling into SH2 order processing?
    But when dynamic recompiling is used, there is also a software which stops moving, the necessity still to correct may be, is.
    It can choose the ON/OFF of dynamic recompiling with option.

Dead or alive indication and abnormal termination of the ray D ant silver cancer/gun were not repaired to large-scale correcting.
    Just, you do not understand whether somewhere is bad...
    Temporarily leaving, we have decided to make ahead.

So, the SCSP probably to mount you try the next finally.
    Because the SCSP when it emulates seriously, desperately becomes heavy, how doing, it is while sesame faint thinking.
» Source: <A HREF="http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60676" TARGET="_blank">AlphaCrush</A>

» Download SSF 0.07 Prototype R13 <A HREF="http://www.ngemu.com/saturn/ssf.php?action=get&id=392">here</A>

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here's an actual translation of the release notes:

Many changes in prototype R13: tentative implementation of DSP and 68000 instructions, VDP2 graphics handling, CD block rebuilding, and dynamic recompilation, etc.

I guess the big change is the introduction of dynamic recompilation of SH2 instruction handling. But that doesn't work with some software, so it looks like some work is still needed. There's an option to toggle dynarec on and off.

Despite much effort, I haven't managed to get the graphics working in "Dead or Alive" or to fix the crashes in "Radiant Silvergun". I can't work out what the problem is... so for now I'm ignoring it and working on other things.

So, I guess the next thing will be to implement SCSP. Emulating it properly would be hopelessly complicated, so I'm trying to think of a way to fudge it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts