Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· PCSX2 Coder
11,343 Posts
heres a Google engrish one

SSF Ver0.07 beta R2
The frame buffer of the VDP1 from Little endian was modified in big endian.
It reaching the point where the load picture and the like of dragon fourth is indicated securely, it increases.
Entry processing to the color RAM was modified.
Order of 68000 was corrected.
The SCSP was corrected.
Becoming the advanced world war, and the way where the SE of the silhouette mirage sounds securely it increases.
Is played back also the BACKGROUND MUSIC of the ファルコムクラシックス and the black matrix (voice of the BM still is strange but).
Whether the SE which with either the other software has not sounded is played back, the しれません.
Lock processing of the DirectSoundBuffer was corrected.
Hook processing of the backup library was corrected.

The indicatory ON/OFF of each picture was modified in 1 - 7 keys of ten-key side.
The snapshot was modified in the BackSpace key.
Revolution indication of the picture was added. Only at the time of Direct3d use it is effective.
Usually, it changes to the right 270 degree revolution, the right 90 degree revolution and order with 0 keys of keyboard side.

sorry cant fill in the question marks :(

· Super Moderator
5,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anybody run it just fine ? Mine freeze after setup the bios. Version 13 run just fine.:(

No, I used the regular dvd drive on my computer...no daemon tools because I disabled it.

Maybe my computer need to reinstalling ? I noticed my computer acting strange and I will look into it but I need to know first about this Beta 2. I had the same problem with Beta 1 and now this! *sighing*

· Registered
1,331 Posts
http://www.emutalk.net/saturn-shack/32499-ssf-ver0-07-beta-r2.html

feel free to copy the changelist.

rockman: beta r1 and r2 both work perfectly here. i rarely got a random bug with a directsound message and a crash, but they usually happen when i close then reopen the app while its not even done closing.
Also, this R2 fixed a slightly annoying bug: in fullscreen, when using scanline with F5, the even lines didn't disappear but left a ghost image, this also happened when a game switched from hires mode (aka no scanlines) to normal mode. This doesn't happen anymore on my end.

· Super Moderator
5,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see.

But..

SSF said: Pentium4 3.0GHz
Athlon64 3200+

Mine is 2.40ghz Penitum4...WINDOWS XP with SP2..hmm. Version 13 run fine which bothered me for a while because Beta 1 and Beta 2 freezed when I set up the bios and click okay to restart....thats strange.

· PCSX2 Coder
11,343 Posts
i think thats a recommendation that you have a 3ghz+ processor, it should work find on yours, just maybe a bit slow :)

· Registered
1,331 Posts
a ~3ghz comp is recommended cause anything lower is either unplayable slow or introduces unplayable frameskip.

I tested SSF on 3 completely different setups and the only one that gave any kind of error and was impossible to run was a Celeron 2ghz with no audio (onboard actually, but without drivers so there were no audio in windows either). For the record, every other version was unplayable that had more then CD Audio sound, the only one I could get working was 0.07 prototype r3 or something old like that.

My friends 2.4ghz P4 with HT (and using onboard ac97 audio) could run SSF perfectly fine but with very noticable frameskip even in the BIOS (games were even worse).

My own amd64 3200+ (overclocked from 2ghz to 2,3ghz) with Soundblaster Live 5.1 card can run SSF fine with minor frameskip in BIOS and simpler games, with heavier games (like Virtua Fighter Kids) being just barely playable speed-wise.

· Registered
19 Posts
I'm running on a Pentium4 3.00Ghz with 1GB of RAM and a ATI 9600...
EDIT: After i tested a bit i found a away to put the emulator to work:
Only alter one option at a time, for example if you need to change the region and the bios file, change the bios, restart the emulator and then change region...

· Super Moderator
5,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I tried that but didnt worked at all. Version 13 seems fine to me. Oh brother. :(

· Super Moderator
5,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How...what do you mean ? Copy .ini of the latest alpha release ? I do not sure I understand. My version 13 is my latest release that works just fine.

P.S. Mine is version 13...not the version 13'. :)

· Super Moderator
5,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Should I delete R13 after copy an ini into Beta 2 folder ? Should I copy Saturn ini and SSF ini from R13 as well ? Please answer to my two questions. ;)

· Registered
774 Posts
I copied both ini's, although I have no idea if that's actually required. It doesn't matter what you do with R13 once you get the ini's copied. You may want to keep it around in case you need it to generate more ini's though.

Just remember, even though it worked for me there's no gurentee it'll work for you too. Either way, I'm sure the author of SSF will have this sorted out soon so this type of messing around will no longer be required.

· Super Moderator
5,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks but it didnt worked at all. Thanks, thought. :)

· Registered
28 Posts
Yay, the crashes after selecting the BIOS file when executing the emulator for the first time are gone! Nice work :)

· Super Moderator
5,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Now Beta R2' is out and I am able to select the BIOS file and no crashes at all. Finally! I am glad! Nice work, Author of SSF!:)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.