Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I' ve tried a couple of originals on this one.

World Wide Soccer '97: kicks me out of the emu right when the menu should start. The menu appears only when V-sync is of, but crashes me to the desktop right after that

Nights into dreams: wont start. Tells me the disc is unsuitable for the system.

Sega Rally Championship: Works, but due to low framerate unplayable.

Fifa Soccer '96: Movie works, when the menu should appear, an error does.

F-1 challenge: very playable. Sound and screen correct and speed too.

Virtua Fighter remix: no visuals in fullscreen, perfect visuals in window. Although not playable due to low fps

UEFA Euro '96: graphics perfect, unplayable due to low fps. Sounds great.

Victory Boxing: doesnt recognise CD, but I dont blame the emu for it. It's an ex rental, abused to the maximum, and my Saturn has troubles reading it too.

Hexen: works and plays perfectly.

Shockwave Assault: game starts up, but refuses to get to work on pressing 'start' Gamemovie starts automatically after a little while

Thats it for now. Keep up the good work, I'm loving it.

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
Nights into dreams (U) and (J) perfect
Sega Rally Championship (U) perfect
Virtua Fighter remix perfect
Rockman 8 / Megaman 8 (U) and (J) perfect
Shinobi Legions (U) and (J) perfect
Metal Slug (J) perfect
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (E) perfect
Virtua Cop (E) and (U) perfect

Victory Boxing --- works, bugs with characters

RockmanRotties :thumb:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What am I doing wrong? some of the games you've tested arent playable at all overhere. Except for Nights (U), all my games are European. Using the UK bios for them (of course with exception for Nights). Could you tell me the settings you're using?

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
I understand that all of your europeans are for bios uk. I dont know whats wrong but I use only USA and JAPAN expect UK version is Megaman X3 PAL which was ingame (when you press start..it goes back to music screen which is weird). Megaman X4 (U) goes ingame but fully of glitches and hard to see which happened in R9 version but didnt test it on R10 just yet. I will when I am up to it.

Just in case, you have to switch bios according to the games..some games can works better at one bios but it is best if you switch bios. ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Strange.... My Nights is a USA version and I switched BIOS to USA and region to USA. Still it doesnt work.....

I've tried Sega Rally Championship and changed the bios from EU to JAP and US. No change in speed. Could you please tell me your settings (changed from default)? . Our PC's are comparible, so I don't think thats the problem.

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
I dont know. Its USA. Look picture below for a proof:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rockmangames said:
I dont know. Its USA. Look picture below for a proof:
:lol: I was more interested in your settings! Like the graphic settings etc, one screen further then the BIOS screen

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
I am back as promised. One more thing..look at CD ROM..it is just mount to DAEMON which I haven't burnt to CDR yet but it worked fine on CDR through both DVD DRIVE nor CDR W drive :D

I have those for you but I dont touch anything else as it have been left untouch And those games are what you seen on the picture runs just fine and I hope it helps:

And other picture of Night into Dreams..you are drooling, huh ? ;)

P.S. Oh yeah..my grammars suck..because my grammars are fine. I just dont feel like to type today. Outside is too darn hot! HEH!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
for some strange reason I have to stop using the frame skip, and then everything runs fine at good speeds........ that is on my 2.53 Ghz P4. On my 3,0 P4 I have to keep it on. Strange..... hope the author is reading this.

Only difference in CPU is Hyperthreading on the 3.0.

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
Finally. Aren't you glad I shown this pictures huh ? Heh. :evil:

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
muppets4 said:
for some strange reason I have to stop using the frame skip, and then everything runs fine at good speeds........ that is on my 2.53 Ghz P4. On my 3,0 P4 I have to keep it on. Strange..... hope the author is reading this.

Only difference in CPU is Hyperthreading on the 3.0.
SSF is a multithreaded app, I've recently discovered.

Edit: scratch what I said before. Leave the threads enabled and set the slave SH2 to 100% (default is 75%).. much better, most likely due to the fact that with a fast CPU the slave SH2 can be run at 100% without skipping. There's also a huge difference in single-threaded/multi-threaded. Games are significantly faster with seperate threads. Those who said HT wouldn't make a difference in emulation, need to shut up right about now. :p

The slowdown encountered at 75% slave SH2 is probably ingame slowdown caused rather than the emu itself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts