Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far...

Most Important to least

going back to prior menus always hang the game, you always have to restart Dolphin (pain in the ass)

Subspace crashes randomly...

Not able to play the old-school games in "Masterpieces" (then again, what's the point, get the emulators and roms of those)

Wi-fi online (maybe some sort of kaillera cilent, or a fake ID address... actually, that would be cool, playing against both real and Emu players!)

that's all i can see... otherwise it's pretty good emulation!

·
Time Lord
1,989 Posts
You can create a save state on the first menu screen to save you from crashing when you need to go back. There is online multiplayer but its very slow and will almost immediately desync. Subspace never really crashed randomly for me, there are certain parts throughout the game that are prone to crash, which i got through with a combination of save states and patience.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when will 4537 come? and what's with the naming of 4000s, 3000s, etc?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, WHERE's 4357? It's not on the offical dolphin site, where you guys get it then? Especially Gareth! So can i get it somehow? and in 64bit mode?

·
Registered
247 Posts
rev3000, 4000 etc... correspond to the number of commit by developpers that change Dolphin.
And yeah, there is no official done yet, you must compile it yourself or see another guy that had compile it and who share it, see other threads, you will find some.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i can't compile anything for the life of me, perhaps you know where to get it?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
well, i found 4355... HOW much of a difference is that from 4357?

4355 sucks, apparently there's a crapload of different between two little numbers lol...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ah... but there's no obvious "DOWNLOAD" button anywhere...

·
Registered
247 Posts
No, the link is here to show changes ^^ (only that).
And possibly report positive or negative report only about this revision.

It's just to show you what revs do.
It show, it's a place for the developpers. Now for only download, just wait^^.

·
Time Lord
1,989 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ahhh, good!
but, how exactly do you "compile" something?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ahhh... dammit...

King Dedede crashes when i try to use him... any solutions?
Yes, i'm using unlimited JIT cache...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
game and watch crashes too... any way to repair those character files?

ok... Game and watch and dedede plays fine in classic and subspace, but not versus... is it something to do with the "intro" act that each character has? and in this case, dedede and GW is broken?

·
Registered
247 Posts
the next revs (after the one you looked for) fix other crashes and messages problem.

To compile. Go see the compile Thread (in top).
To be short. You must have Visual Studio (i recommand the pro version but you must buy it so use the express which is free). You must have Tortoise SVN (windows) or Rapid SVN (Linux) to download the sources with the trunk and finally need to install the last SDK of DirectX(August 09) on MSDN.

If you still have problem of crashes in rev4361, see if your problem is already report in issues thread (use the search) and then post it (don't forget to make at ALL ISSUES) :
Issues - dolphin-emu - Project Hosting on Google Code

Use 4359 to play it. No crash with King dedede (but recommand 4361 because of some missed debug code :p).

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
/\/\/\/\

not quite... king dedede and GW doesn't work in versus... i'm still looking for 4359 or later...

wait, the same link Gareth posted up there already updated to 4361... cool!

This better fix dedede and GW, if it does the game is almost perfect now, aside from the usual texture screw-ups and the weird beam sword glitch...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.