Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey they said that sega Saturn is superior than PSX why does it lose the battle i seen some screen shots of SS games and its better than psx is there any site where i can read it

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i got it well BTW w/c nextgen console has the best hardware? GC,PS2 and XBOX

S

·
0 Posts
it sure is...

but as much as people like to blame sony for killing the dreamcast, I have to disagree: they just got a better marketing department, and it's not a crime to have that. Sega should have known this.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Sony didn't kill the Dreamcast, Sega killed the Dreamcast. Like Betamax's signature says, "Superior marketing of an inferior product will always win over inferior marketing of a superior product." People will buy anything you want them to buy if you make them want to buy it.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Originally posted by Ryos
Sony didn't kill the Dreamcast, Sega killed the Dreamcast. Like Betamax's signature says, "Superior marketing of an inferior product will always win over inferior marketing of a superior product." People will buy anything you want them to buy if you make them want to buy it.
At first DC looking good too.Many site review DC beats PS2 and recommended instead of PS2.After Sega stop product DC (Don't know why).This is sight of dead for DC.

S

·
0 Posts
yep...
sega didn't spend enough time marketing it (many people hardly even know what a dreamcast was until sega announced it they would stop it, ironically enough).

The stupid thing is it probably gets more attention now than it used to.
Why? the press jumped on it when sega killed another console.

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
didn't sega learned their lesson on Sega Saturn poor Sega

now they Support Xbox
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah but they said that they will stick on developing software

their not planning in releasing new console (until when? :confused: )

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
To think I remember an old april fools joke that sega was going to release a version of sonic on a nintendo system (back in the 16 bit days)

Sometimes pranks come back to haunt you:eek:

S

·
0 Posts
As far as is known, Sega won't be releasing any more consoles, ever, period. Sega stated that they would rather get into the developement end of things and develope games for other systems. So far, I have heard of games being mentioned for X-Box, Game Cube, GBA, and PS2. Also there are rumors of Sega games coming for the PC as well. So, why worry about consoles when you can do just fine developing games for others.
BTW, IMHO, Sega Saturn is not superior to nor even the equal of the PSX. If it was, why did it fade so fast? Of course this is just how I feel.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
965 Posts
The DC was superior to it's competition, yet it's gone. Your point? ;)

The Saturn had games of a level of quality that only a handful of PSX games have reached. It was just poor to develop for, and not well-received by the masses.

The PlayStation and it's mass pirating craze, and games-by-the-cart-full library, was welcomed by every John & Jane Kiddie. Of course, the PSX had a moderate amount quality titles that set it out from the rest, but it's not all that it's cracked up to be, IMO.

This is the US market, mind you. The Saturn's performance was radically different in Japan and the like.

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
found some review at least its only tomb raider "psx vs SS the image quality in SS is more pixelated than PSX and also PSX runs smoother could it be the case :confused: :confused:

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
The import scene on the saturn was incredible.. Tons of games in Japan never got translated and brought over.. Good games too..

Radiant Silvergun
Shining Force 3 senario2+
Grandia

to name a few.. The saturn is actually quite a powerful system that never was fully utillized.. The saturn had a 2d chip as well as 3d chips.. Which is why the Saturn excelled at 2d games.. The psx has to use its 3d gpu to render 2d stuff.. Ever wonder why 2d games slow down so much on the psx? The saturn also had more ram and the inclusion of the ram cart gave it even more.. I haven't seen any game on the psx that rivals Virtual Fighter 2 on the Saturn graphically IMO.. 60fps high res glory.. Even tekken 3 on the psx don't do that.. Well, the 60fps but not the high res.. hehe..

I played Tomb Raider 1 on both the psx and saturn.. The game looks better on the psx, but runs smoother on the Saturn.. :)

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
too bad for sega but best for us u know why?

coz saturn is hard to emulate and it will need a higher end PC "console emulation is DOOM :dead: :dead: "

1 - 20 of 24 Posts