Next Generation Emulation banner

SquareEnix(1 word?) just keep milking the same bleeding game

6K views 103 replies 34 participants last post by  Exodus 
#1 ·
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/10/07/news_6110005.html

This time it's another FF3 remake.

I thought Anthology was the end of the older FF games being brought up on later systems?
It was a rushed job and I prefered to play the original SNES ones with the fan translations which meant no censorship and a lot of language fixes.

Personally I wander how long do SquareEnix believe they can milk the same old goat.

Can't they come up with *new* ideas?

#2 ·
Well, Kaiser has been talking about Square-Enix's lack of creativity for a long, long time (since I joined the boards, IIRC).

This article of yours just prove his point once more. BTW, these remakes are awful :p

#4 ·
Well this is the FF3 NES game, which I happen to like a lot... I do hope they do more than just polish the graphics... The battle music was **** in the original, it got boring fast. But the game was fun :)

#5 ·
Boltzmann said:
Well, Kaiser has been talking about Square-Enix's lack of creativity for a long, long time (since I joined the boards, IIRC).

This article of yours just prove his point once more. BTW, these remakes are awful :p
Square-Enix's creativity is an oxymoron.

Square-Enix have really lost it. I'm sick of the constant milking of their older, successful games.

Adding better graphics and higher quality music, higher quality sound and movies will not make the game any better.

#9 · (Edited)
You jocking right, well maybe I agree about the fact that it might make it more apealing for other people. But if you think that I should feel sorry for square-enix because its "hard to make a video game" u are insane...What does that has to with anything, infact its not hard for them to make a video game,if it was square-enix wouldnt spit out a million video games a year(like they do now), instead its hard to make a good video game, that actualy takes time and effort to make, and it looks like square-enix is not interested in making good video games anymore...

#10 ·
Samor said:
I'll only like squeenix if they stop making rpg's.
Just go play Rad Racer for the NES and leave us be :p

#11 ·
Samor said:
I'll only like squeenix if they stop making rpg's.
then square would be compleatly dead then :thumb: Square wouldnt be Square without another FF Remake that crashed and burnned :lol:

Zen_master said:
It seems that no matter how many angry letters i send to square-enix they still wont stop with this Bull ****.....

Its about time to start making quality games agian..
u actualy wrote them angry letters? :rotflmao: no offense but that is kindof funny. what makes you think they read those letters? I really doubt the comapny takes hate/fan mail into consideration when producing games. ;)

Anyway, I think Squares starting to loose thier american consumers because of this. Its not like we actualy like seeing the same game released more than once. thought they learned that after X-2. for me the only game that intrests me from square is Front Mission.

#14 ·
Well most of the people in the United States didnt play the older final fantasy's until ff7 came out. I know it lacks creativity but since their new games aren't that great maybe its good thing that they are releasing remake to show they did have good games once upon a time. I myself think that remakes are a good only when done right. I guess i one of the few people whodo want to play since my Ps2 is the only working system i got.

#15 ·
Wow you sad bunch of pathetic whiners........no offense intended of course, hello, anyone in there, so lets see in the past few years, we have had FFX, FFX-2, FF11, FFTA, FFXII......and they have like 13-15 in the planning, so there loosing creativity...right...yeah...sure....whatever ;)

It's nice to see the older ones brought to new systems, and these new FF7 'parts' are new adventures, with new characters and of course a completely new plot, so erm, yeah still lacking creativity, and if re doing a few older games helps them float some much needed money into the company then so be it, it's not like their forcing you to buy them ;)

As soon as someone yells "OH GOD THEIR LOOSING CREATIVITY, LOOK A REMAKE!!" you lot jump on the bandwagon....yeesh, I'm no fanboy, but I do respect the level of genius, skill and time put into these projects, if you don't like go play FPSs or something ;)

#16 ·
Well the thing I regret is that they are milking FF7 and Vincent Valentine....

All the mysterious things will be reveiled... It should've been kept mysterious, that's what makes this story so interesting and special IMHO.

#17 ·
There not milking it, there continuing the story, which, if I do recall he originally wanted to do, but FF7 on the PSOne was their first leap onto that console, and they didn't want to start repeating themselves so early on. Who's to say this doesn't add to the mystery?!

#23 ·
There's that new MMORGP they're making, the new kingdom hearts, the new dragon warrior, the next final fantasy, and more beyond that. Yet whenever SE releases a game that's a remake or something similar (even if it's never been remade before, like ff3), everyone instantly forgets about thier million current original projects going on and just cries about their lack of creativity. They're releasing more original content than most video game companies around, just because they like bringing the classics back in addition to their current lineups doesn't make them unoriginal or uncreative.

#24 ·
CKemu said:
Wow you sad bunch of pathetic whiners........no offense intended of course, hello, anyone in there, so lets see in the past few years, we have had FFX, FFX-2, FF11, FFTA, FFXII......and they have like 13-15 in the planning, so there loosing creativity...right...yeah...sure....whatever ;)
FFXI: MMORPG... big deal, you don't have be very creative to come up with one, that being said FFXI is rather standard and not on the heels of something of WoW's caliber...
FFTA: I wouldn't name it proudly... the game retains the Job system mixed with a boring rule setting which annoyed everyone. That being said, the plot was slow and unnappealing. Fail to see what's so creative about that.
FFXII: the game hasn't been released yet... can't judge the game.
Let's see more deeply into the past few years... Sword of Mana is the crappiest remake ever, Unlimited Saga is dull as hell, FF:CC is a dungeon crawler with the FF name on it and let's not talk about the upcoming Mario Party clone with FF chars...they are creative...right...yeah...sure....whatever.

CKemu said:
It's nice to see the older ones brought to new systems, and these new FF7 'parts' are new adventures, with new characters and of course a completely new plot, so erm, yeah still lacking creativity, and if re doing a few older games helps them float some much needed money into the company then so be it, it's not like their forcing you to buy them ;)
Devil May Cry: FF version... starring Vincent Valentine... sure, that's overflowing with creativeness. It's nice to see a title that was never released outside of Japan remade... say, the first SF title. However Square has a tendency of rehashing games, I find that practice unpleasant. No one is forcing you to buy them but that doesn't mean as a consumer that you can't express your thoughts about it.

CKemu said:
As soon as someone yells "OH GOD THEIR LOOSING CREATIVITY, LOOK A REMAKE!!" you lot jump on the bandwagon....yeesh, I'm no fanboy, but I do respect the level of genius, skill and time put into these projects, if you don't like go play FPSs or something ;)
If you don't like people who dislike Square-Enix then go and post on the dizillion of threads which praise their games... this, after all, it is not a one sided board, right? I'm no Square-Enix Basher but I have no respect for a company who continuously milk their franchises under the banner of "bringing back the past"...

#25 ·
Kaiser Sigma said:
If you don't like people who dislike Square-Enix then go and post on the dizillion of threads which praise their games... this, after all, it is not a one sided board, right? I'm no Square-Enix Basher but I have no respect for a company who continuously milk their franchises under the banner of "bringing back the past"...
Ok so what do you think about Nintendo? Haven't they 'milked' their NES / SNES games to death? :hdbash: :cuss2:

#26 ·
Paratech said:
Ok so what do you think about Nintendo? Haven't they 'milked' their NES / SNES games to death? :hdbash: :cuss2:
Well they have been milking them a bit no doubt. But alot of people really wanted to see the onld nes / snes games come to gameboy systems so it was valid. Plus they have made tons of brand new games for the gameboy and gamecube systems never see before.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.