Next Generation Emulation banner
41 - 60 of 104 Posts
/me pre-orders FF100 coming up 30 years from now ;) yay! :p

Yours,
-Elly

because as long as its called final fantasy, you know its golden! as a matter of fact, if all games were called "final fantasy <something or other>" we'd have a much better selection of games. i think i'll go pick up Barbie's Final Fantasy tomorrow. and it better not have any fantasies involving ken, god damn it.

i want to be alive when Final Fantasy 30 (XXX) comes out :evil:

Men's Final Fantasy: Dead or Alive vs Tekken Chicks vs SNK Chicks vs Capcom chicks vs Marvel chicks in Nude Jello Fighting Gold EX 2 Super bounce edition.

I don't understand why everyone is so upset of this, I have never played this FF3, and I am not going to play the NES version either, I can no longer stand 8bit/16bit graphics. I am so glad that they are going to rerelease it on a current console, which is really a good news for me.

Kellicros said:
I don't understand why everyone is so upset of this, I have never played this FF3, and I am not going to play the NES version either, I can no longer stand 8bit/16bit graphics. I am so glad that they are going to rerelease it on a current console, which is really a good news for me.
errrr, Graphics do not a good game make. Some of the worst games I've ever played have had great graphics, likewise some of the best games have the worst. Personally, I wish they'd spend more time on gameplay and story rather than trying to "Pretty" up the games. Which is one reason FF and Sqaure are so popular. They have good story and depth. Something virtually every other game lacks. A game is nothing, and gets tiresome very quickly without a good story and depth to keep the player interested. Just like a good movie or a good book.

Yeah Try Chrono Trigger or Secret of Mana. Graphically neither of them are 'that great', but gameplay wise they are superb RPGs...
But then again I play Crazy Climber, Crazy Kong, Night Striker, Time Pilot and *fast* Pac Man in MAME, so graphics aren't 'all that' to me... :D

dpence said:
errrr, Graphics do not a good game make. Some of the worst games I've ever played have had great graphics, likewise some of the best games have the worst. Personally, I wish they'd spend more time on gameplay and story rather than trying to "Pretty" up the games. Which is one reason FF and Sqaure are so popular. They have good story and depth. Something virtually every other game lacks. A game is nothing, and gets tiresome very quickly without a good story and depth to keep the player interested. Just like a good movie or a good book.
Well, I guess everyone has his own preference, still, I prefer games with good graphics along with the others. If graphics aren't all that important then is there really a point of them releasing new consoles?

>>>Men's Final Fantasy: Dead or Alive vs Tekken Chicks vs SNK Chicks vs Capcom chicks vs Marvel chicks in Nude Jello Fighting Gold EX 2 Super bounce edition.

What about the Soul Calibur chicks, DOA vs SC will be better IMO :D

>>>Well, I guess everyone has his own preference, still, I prefer games with good graphics along with the others. If graphics aren't all that important then is there really a point of them releasing new consoles?

Better sound, better control. I think most of prefer a PSX controller over a NES one :p
Also new technologie such as online gaming.

I agree with you that Graphics are important, but the point is, even a game without good graphics can be good. You have to judge every game by itself and it's own qualities, and you shouldn't compare it to games nowadays in graphics. What's really important to me with old games is that the graphics don't damage gameplay too much, and the music isn't annoying, and the gameplay and/or story has to be interesting, which is the case with FF3.

but how many people will say "please don't remake it, i rather play with 8-bit graphics, midi music and in (officially, at least) japanese"

There won't be many, and certainly not as many as who are opposed to remaking the SNES games or even the PSX ones.

And IMO this is one part of the series forgotten by most. And it is a rather good game, so I'm actually rather curious about what they can create out of it :)

as long as the graphics are equivalent to the load times. the load times in chronicles and anthology were horrible (can't remember if origins had as great a problem with load times)

Kellicros said:
I'm not upset, I just can't tolerate the overhyping over a company whose most notorious prowess (nowadays) is the continuous rehashing of video games. You (as well as anyone outside of Jp) didn't play it? It's good news for you, but that doesn't mean that the game is new.

Under that concept Lucasarts might as well remake all their graphical adventures (with the exception of MI:IV) and release it on all the consoles since most console gamers never bothered to play them... does that mean the remakes will be brand new games? No.

What most posters are failing to see in here, is that we are as free to bash Square-enix as we are to praise FFXX: starring an androgynous male and a chick in mini skirt.

looks like third time was a charm with the remakes. origins was probably the most useful of the remakes, for the simple reason that it wasn't NES anymore.

Well I think that making always new FF's will eventually lead to losing it's edge...
I mean why make new ones when you have great older in the store... Many people would probaply like the old FF's but they just hate those 16-bit graphiqs(Ididots!). So making better versions of older they give those games to the new generation...

41 - 60 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.