Next Generation Emulation banner
21 - 40 of 104 Posts
There's that new MMORGP they're making, the new kingdom hearts, the new dragon warrior, the next final fantasy, and more beyond that. Yet whenever SE releases a game that's a remake or something similar (even if it's never been remade before, like ff3), everyone instantly forgets about thier million current original projects going on and just cries about their lack of creativity. They're releasing more original content than most video game companies around, just because they like bringing the classics back in addition to their current lineups doesn't make them unoriginal or uncreative.

CKemu said:
Wow you sad bunch of pathetic whiners........no offense intended of course, hello, anyone in there, so lets see in the past few years, we have had FFX, FFX-2, FF11, FFTA, FFXII......and they have like 13-15 in the planning, so there loosing creativity...right...yeah...sure....whatever ;)
FFXI: MMORPG... big deal, you don't have be very creative to come up with one, that being said FFXI is rather standard and not on the heels of something of WoW's caliber...
FFTA: I wouldn't name it proudly... the game retains the Job system mixed with a boring rule setting which annoyed everyone. That being said, the plot was slow and unnappealing. Fail to see what's so creative about that.
FFXII: the game hasn't been released yet... can't judge the game.
Let's see more deeply into the past few years... Sword of Mana is the crappiest remake ever, Unlimited Saga is dull as hell, FF:CC is a dungeon crawler with the FF name on it and let's not talk about the upcoming Mario Party clone with FF chars...they are creative...right...yeah...sure....whatever.

CKemu said:
It's nice to see the older ones brought to new systems, and these new FF7 'parts' are new adventures, with new characters and of course a completely new plot, so erm, yeah still lacking creativity, and if re doing a few older games helps them float some much needed money into the company then so be it, it's not like their forcing you to buy them ;)
Devil May Cry: FF version... starring Vincent Valentine... sure, that's overflowing with creativeness. It's nice to see a title that was never released outside of Japan remade... say, the first SF title. However Square has a tendency of rehashing games, I find that practice unpleasant. No one is forcing you to buy them but that doesn't mean as a consumer that you can't express your thoughts about it.

CKemu said:
As soon as someone yells "OH GOD THEIR LOOSING CREATIVITY, LOOK A REMAKE!!" you lot jump on the bandwagon....yeesh, I'm no fanboy, but I do respect the level of genius, skill and time put into these projects, if you don't like go play FPSs or something ;)
If you don't like people who dislike Square-Enix then go and post on the dizillion of threads which praise their games... this, after all, it is not a one sided board, right? I'm no Square-Enix Basher but I have no respect for a company who continuously milk their franchises under the banner of "bringing back the past"...

Kaiser Sigma said:
If you don't like people who dislike Square-Enix then go and post on the dizillion of threads which praise their games... this, after all, it is not a one sided board, right? I'm no Square-Enix Basher but I have no respect for a company who continuously milk their franchises under the banner of "bringing back the past"...
Ok so what do you think about Nintendo? Haven't they 'milked' their NES / SNES games to death? :hdbash: :cuss2:

Paratech said:
Ok so what do you think about Nintendo? Haven't they 'milked' their NES / SNES games to death? :hdbash: :cuss2:
Well they have been milking them a bit no doubt. But alot of people really wanted to see the onld nes / snes games come to gameboy systems so it was valid. Plus they have made tons of brand new games for the gameboy and gamecube systems never see before.

i don't know about the rest of you, but i wouldn't mind playing FF3j on something other than an NES. so i say "bring it on, just don't do it again later"

Well, actually they are converting a title that was never released in the US (EVER) with a new interface on a more powerful system. In my opinion its a new FF game since I don't speak or read (much) japanese or enough to even enjoy the game to its fullest (even on rom patches).

Square's style of RPGs sell and are the best bottom line. Lets ask ID software to quit producing FPS and try to shift almost all their focus on another genre like RPGs (so they'd innovate). While we are at it let's ask Nintendo to start making toasters because they make to many great video games and their respective (sometimes, like SQUARE) great remakes.

that's all Nintendo and Square are good for these days basically. Notice they just released the ORIGINAL mario brothers for $20 freaking dollars AGAIN? Hell, that's all they're about these days, is just releasing older games. I admit, it was great with Origins and semi-decent with Anthology and Chronicles. But Anthology and Chronicles were just too full of problems with their games, such as random pauses to the loading time being terrible for all those games, even for the PS.
The only thing I'd pretty much like is if they released something like Final Fantasy 1 through 6 on one disk. But no, instead they have to be released in parts to make more money. Nintendo's been getting on my nerves for a while, because of their re-re-re-rereleases of games. Every time a new system comes out, they just release the same game on a previous system for that system.
Four swords, great idea, but do you honestly know 3 other people with the same game and GBA? Not me. Metroid Prime... awesome game, but requires Fusion and another game in order to unlock the orignal Metroid some other stuff. Now they're releasing Mario 64 for their Nintendo DS, but this time, with some pointless multiplayer. Nintendo's ran their course in my opinion. It's all about Sony, and, sad to say, Microsoft.
I'm looking forward to the next Zelda as much as the next guy, but nintendo has been losing money for a while now, so they'd better start listening to what their customers acutally want, unless they want to eventually sell to Microsoft to become even more of a monopoly.
*END RANT* Hehe. :)
- Modem

The problem is they are making new games but they don't trust they are really good so they have to insert a FF title on it (Cerberus...) and a FF character. Why they can't come out with something unrelated to FF? Even Kingdom hearts included ff characters. Where are games totally different like Vagrant Story or Parasite Eve? They even stopped the Crhono Trigger remake project instead of buying it.
Remakes? It would be ok if they remade the graphics in 3d and stuff like that, instead they make a couple of Fmv and add more color to the same game. That's not a remake, thats a reselling almost the exact game.

And they even forgot what the real gamers wanted : a remake of FF7, instead they keep milking this title until nobody want to know anything about it and they won't be able to remake the original.

So, in other words, if they don't do anything completely unrelated to FF then i'll keep thinking they are lacking creativity (not that they care anyway :???: )

Btw, remember the nes era? In that time there were thousands of Mario clones, saturating the industry. It's happening again but with FF, too much "clones", too much of the same. If companies had always think like this we wouldn't have games like Mgs or Zoe or god knows what else. Take a look at the original Megaman games....same thing, add a new enemy, a new movement and sell it as if were a new concept...does FF ring a bell?

Discussion starter · #32 ·
Squigi63 said:
Stop whining. You know that there are plenty of people who have never played FF3 and this might be a way of making the game more appealing to that crowd. I would like to see you guys make a videogame, It's not as easy as you think.
I have. It was a very short text based RPG.
I also made some OxX games and some silly arcade games.

Concentrating on making a new game engine now.

This is all rather amusing...

Most of you seem to be forgetting that Square and Nintendo are businesses - they want to make money. If they think a re-make of a game that can be created using old material will sell, they'll make it. People here sending them 'angry letters' won't alter that. Leave them be.

Kazuya Mishima said:
And they even forgot what the real gamers wanted : a remake of FF7, instead they keep milking this title until nobody want to know anything about it and they won't be able to remake the original.
I guess that means that I'm not a real gamer since I consider FF7 to be one of the most overhype pieces of **** that was ever released on the PSX, and have no intentions on buying a remake of that ****ty game.

Lets see:

Final Fantasy III: Never played and didn't want to deal with the horrible text patches for the rom, so I'm looking forward to this.

Final Fantasy VII: umm, played several times and have no inention of playing this ever again. Gee, should I play through this game just to get to the one part that I liked? umm no.

Milking isn't the right word for all these FF7 new games/movies/addons .
Remember all FF fans were begging Sqaure for a sequel , saying " Plz Square , Hear us , we want more of Tifa b**bs and Cloud spikey hair "
And now , we are talking about milking (side note : B**bs , milking . Maybe u r right :p )
Anyway , In the past WE were all waiting for new ff games . Waiting whole years just to put our hands on the newer FF game . We all loved Square maniacly because Sqaure games were rare in respect to time (about 1.5 year every FF ) . Now it's still the same , but square isn't rare anymore due to these old FF reamakes , that's all .
Shut the subject .

Samor , what are u doing here in a FF thread ?

Another thing , I think no one noticed the last words at the first post in the NGFight thread . We declared that we were planing another RPG game ;) . (Samor was working on an rpg :p )

Unfortunately everyone, that's the video game market for you these days. Originality ran out in the 32/64 bit era, and only then were a few games truely original ideas.

I don't think Square-Enix deserves the bashing you guys are giving it, it's no different to any other company they all hold on to something they do well.

Before people criticise me personally (Yes, my name is derived from a famous FF character), go to your local video game store and look at the christmas release thread, if you can tell me 5 or more original games on that list then you prove me wrong.

The market has setlled now, if people are looking for a good FPS they look to Id or Valve. If they are looking for good sports games they look to EA, if they want a good racer they look at EA, Polyphony Digital or Microsoft.

Today's originality is different to back in the 2D age, today and game has to do something in an innovative new way. New ideas are merged into old genres.

Companies make the supply for the consumer's demand. In Square's case people are demanding an completion to FF7 and a chance to play their older games. I hate the idea of filling the holes in FF7's storyline (i'd have preferred the game updated so that more people can enjoy it (my friend wont play it as he's put off my the graphics)) but I would like to play through some of the older FF games with the story fleshed out a bit.

And as for new game franchises (which is what you all seem to be arguing about) that square have made, has no one here played Vagrant Story? The company is now run and owned by Enix, and Enix's own franchises are a little thin on the ground at the moment (Star Ocean and Dragon Quest which europe has never seen) and seem to be taking an eternity to make, so they are probably pushing Square to make stuff to make it look like they are busy while they get their own stuff done.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. Enjoy your moaning...

psicomaniaco said:
Probably I won't play it! I already beat FF3 on a nes emulator and thats enough for me. Besides, Squarenix never did a decent conversion of their old games on new consoles!
well, the remake of FF3 will probably be a little better in graphics, so it won't feel the same. i didn't mind their old FF ports on PSX. sure, they had some long load times, but thats what uncapped FPS on epsxe is for.

in the end, i don't really care what games companies are releasing. if i want it, i'll buy it. if not, i won't. the only milking that bothers me is the insane # of pokemon games that are released.

I wonder why the hell people got pissed for for rereleasing FF3 NES version. Its actually NOT A GODDAMN RERELEASE (except to japanese, that is :p ) AT ALL because it has NEVER RELEASED OUTSIDE OF JAPAN. There are only fantranslated roms, but thats already different story. In squares point of view, they do not exist and now they are releasing one of best nippon RPG games, next to CT, ever made to wider audience. Ok, it might have better graphics so it could be considered a remake, but its still not actuall rerelease since only handfull of gamers have played it, so its not like they try to milk already-milked-to-death cow.

21 - 40 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.