Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
New hope? Over a 5.3 game? :p Gee...

That aside, it's not that bad... well, at least not as bad as that 5. scores. But I gotta tell ya it ain't anything that would spark any hope on PC. If anything, it might be S-E's last futile attempt at getting into the PC market. If this fails, you can expect to never see any FF game or S-E game for PC at all.

This also brings about... some interesting considerations about FFXIII. S-E's handheld lineups have been going okay lately. Their console games? Meh... only for fad purposes.

'bout time we look at a console for some true gaming, ya?

·
Banned
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I didn't mean The Last Remnant brings a new hope for PC gamers. I meant that S-E making games for PC brings a new hope to expect FFXIII on PC. Geez... PC is doing just fine the way it is. We don't need crappy S-E titles.

I'm just interest in FFXIII. The official one , not the FFXIII "Whatever" stuff. For the rest I couldn't care less about Square-Enix. They could go bakrupt, I wouldn't give a ****.

The ages when Square Soft used to make good games has come and gone a long time ago.. If FFXIII fails, S-E can go to hell as well.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
I think "The Last Remnant" is their guinea pig to get some reactions and feedbacks. Sincerely, they're just using it to check if they can still poke the PC gaming market. If not... then I don't suppose they'll even consider it, and it's almost very likely to be not.

As for FFXIII, FFvXIII is also an official title.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's a compilation this time. FFXIII, FFvXIII, and FFaXIII are all FFXIII. Different games, different worlds, same universe. I think that they might well be Final Fantasy XIII: world 1, Final Fantasy XIII: world 2, and Final Fantasy XIII: world 3 respectively.

That aside... "The Last Remnant" only appears on PC because it's using the UE3 engine. FFXIII and FFvXIII use a different engine, so don't get your hopes too high.

I think S-E just licensed UE3 so they could tap the 360 market easier...

·
Banned
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It could be. Or maybe they will just try to fix the mess that was made into this game on Xbox360, according to the reviews so far.

BUT... They mentioned this game was coming to PC on Japan. They never mentioned it was going to be released on US or Europe, at least on the site where I was reading this news. It's kinda old news but... Heh.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Remind me of their previous ventures into the pc market, please god let them relise people use mouses on the pc not the game consoles controler.

·
The one and only
3,658 Posts
i actually liked last remnant myself. it was fun, but the only crap was the unoptimized slowdowns on the 360. i look forward to getting this on the pc.

on a side note, i wish developers would put 60fps ahead of good looking graphics. i would rather my game be smooth than look slightly better.

also according to benchmark tool i should get around 90fps :)

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
If this fails, you can expect to never see any FF game or S-E game for PC at all.
Of course it will fail. But only because, as usual, they released the game for PC far later than the console release. Of course, like Epic Games, they'll blame piracy for the poor sales and not support the PC market anymore. Epic Games, who made their living on PC gamers for years (they even made UT2003 linux native), are now abandoning the PC market because Gears of War for Windows didn't sell well. Of course it had NOTHING to do with the fact that they released it a full year after the 360 release. Retards.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
i actually liked last remnant myself. it was fun, but the only crap was the unoptimized slowdowns on the 360. i look forward to getting this on the pc.
Indeed. The graphical glitches seem to be the only real issue with the game, so I look forward to a PC version too.

·
Banned
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They ain't releasing this game into PC for ****. They will improve the technical issues... For sure. Unless they are retards.

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,454 Posts
No the crystal engine used in x13 will never released on pc

·
Registered
80 Posts
Epic Games gave up on the PC market due to UT3 failing completely on the PC, even tho it was released earlier than console versions. Had nothing to do with Gears.

·
Banned
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I don't see the point in this... Games are still coming to PC... We had a load **** of games in the late 2008's...... Spider Man Web Of Shadows, Tomb Raider Underworld, Fallout 3, Devil May Cry 4, GTA4, Dead Space, Prince Of Persia, Rise of the Argonauts, etc.

Why all this whining ? What else do people want ? Just.... LOL... :lol:

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Of course it will fail. But only because, as usual, they released the game for PC far later than the console release. Of course, like Epic Games, they'll blame piracy for the poor sales and not support the PC market anymore. Epic Games, who made their living on PC gamers for years (they even made UT2003 linux native), are now abandoning the PC market because Gears of War for Windows didn't sell well. Of course it had NOTHING to do with the fact that they released it a full year after the 360 release. Retards.
I don't think it'll fail like Gears of War for PC... but I guess there's a good chance of that. GoW for PC actually had quite a number of bugs, a lot of stuttering, and lagging sounds. You can imagine playing a shooter game that runs smooth at 60fps but pauses every 4 seconds for no reason at all.

I don't see the point in this... Games are still coming to PC... We had a load **** of games in the late 2008's...... Spider Man Web Of Shadows, Tomb Raider Underworld, Fallout 3, Devil May Cry 4, GTA4, Dead Space, Prince Of Persia and more... I can't remember now.

Why all this whining ? What else do people want ? Just.... LOL... :lol:
Proper games? Spider Man Web of Shadows was a joke...

Tomb Raider Underworld was a granny in tights...

Fallout 3 was Oblivions with guns or maybe better graphics, but still nothing compared to the previous 2 legendary titles.

Devil May Cry 4 was so so... graphical glitches occurred from time to time. Most PC gamers don't even have the console version to compare to so they don't notice.

GTA4 was an uproar because it pissed over half of the community with all of its bugs. The game is literally unplayable on a lot of systems.

Dead Space PC is average, not like the PC version runs any better than the console version.

Prince of Persia Zero... pfft... you don't wanna know the reactions. Cel-shaded graphics almost killed it.

We don't want more games... we want games that run properly... and is actually good. DMC4 is about the only title of the past year that did that, but not like you couldn't get the same game for less hassle on consoles.

Additional point: ALL of those games appear on consoles. PC had zero exclusive title. None. Nada. Nothing that screams "get me!" so that you'd consider PC gaming. Between upgrading your PC and dealing with drivers issues... and popping a disc into a console, I bet the latter is easier any time.

·
Banned
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Whatever... I'm not a perfectionist whore. I liked Spider Man Web Of Shadows, actually it is really nice. Like if all PS3 games are perfect.. Wait... There are barely a few games coming out for PS3 :lol:

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Whatever... I'm not a perfectionist whore. I liked Spider Man Web Of Shadows, actually it is really nice. Like if all PS3 games are perfect.. Wait... There are barely a few games coming out for PS3 :lol:
But they are all perfect. :p Sincerely, if you'd look at it, recent PS3 games receive a lot of positive critiques even if not so many of them are out.

Say... from mid-2008 to beginning 2009:

Metal Gear Solid 4: no need to explain. This game is just plain awesome.

Metal Gear Online: comes with MGS4, and is really worth it.

Little Big Planet: this game could win so many awards just for the design alone.

Killzone 2: oh my gad... you missed this... seriously? It's... a must! I mean... blood gushes out of bodies, chainsaws, property damages... really battlefield-like feel. This seriously kicks asses, and it does live up to the hype. Kudos to Sony for really delivering it this time.

Resistance 2: you'd think it's Halo 3 with slightly better visuals and a different plot here. Hmm... considering this is close to Killzone 2 release, I wonder if Sony wanted rivalries between friendly studios?

Lumines Supernova: geh-bush. They brought Lumines to full HD!!

Cuboid: a puzzle game with graphics that surpass your average PC. What can I say? They're picking up the pace.

That's not counting multiplatform releases. If you thought the games you listed were good, then they're all on the PS3, plus you get the titles I just mentioned above.

Don't get me started on 360, though. 360 gets much more than this. And that's why PC is failing.

·
Banned
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jesus... 7 games in the whole historic. Well.... I'm wordless... Perfect or not... I'm not the kind of person who can keep playing the same games all the time. Honestly :\

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
No, that's only counting the recent releases. Throughout its entire life span, it has many more. If you have to ask for one... I'd say...

BurnOut Paradise!

PC gamers are getting that game in February or March, too, and I say... get it! :) It's probably the best racing game I've played in ages.

·
Banned
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Will get :) Anyway I hope Sony will increase it's pace on PS3. I think it is bad for all the gamers around if Sony just end up like Sega or something. At least PC gamers can hope for Ports if the console industry stays around heh. It is a win-win.

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
I enjoy playing Devil May Cry 4 on the PC and IIRC, I paid less than $20 for it new off EBAY. It was sealed when I received it.

1 - 20 of 180 Posts