Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Classic Games Lover
5,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you imagine Lara Craft wielding a gunblade?

Looks like the future of Lara Croft is in the hands of Final Fantasy studio, Square Enix. The latest news is that Eidos Interactive, the company that owns the Tomb Raider franchise, will be bought by Squeenix for GBP 84.3 million (a whopping US$ 120.8 million).

This is good news for Eidos, who's been having rough patches for some time now and has been looking to merge with other studios since last year, when they were still called SCi Entertainment. Squeenix's investors aren't jumping for joy though. When this news hit, Eidos' shares in the market jumped, Squeenix's shares dropped.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what Squeenix plans to do with some of Eidos' franchises, like Hitman, Kane & Lynch, Legacy of Kain, and Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures. Clearly not their style when it comes to games.
Via QJ.NET

Hmmm, is this just me or is S-E becoming the next EA?

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Hmm... more like gunblade is becoming more popular, Lara Croft is becoming taller, bustier, and her eyes sharper with thinner figures and free-floating hair. Lara will also be able to cast Firaga, Thundara and Blizzaga from some crystal-like object she dug up somewhere, and her looks will be preserved at 19 because she activated a curse in some ruins.

Meanwhile, Mitochondria lifeforms have a blast with Lara Croft's world.

And Squall Leonhart and Yuffie have to clean up that mess along with Aya Brea...

...then occasionally, Riku and Sora drop by to sweep them all up in one hit...

Hitman will also have a good makeover, looking a bit tan now, and a bit younger... and will also obtain the nickname Rude.

...and you can imagine the rest...

I wouldn't even be surprised now if Walt Disney buys Square-Enix and suddenly, we have Cloud appearing in High School Musical XIII or so.

Oh yeah, and Lara Croft is very likely to go blond.

Just for fun, Aya Brea's cosplay:

·
Registered
10,535 Posts
Imagine if Tecmo did Tomb Raider, most of her animation would be her jiggling breasts...

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Squenidos?

Will be odd having Square calling the shots for Eidos. The two companies make 2 totally different styles of games
Well, Eidos did publish some Squaresoft games before. Namely... FF7.

Imagine if Tecmo did Tomb Raider, most of her animation would be her jiggling breasts...
And she would have an ultra short skirt instead of just shorts. :evil:

Hmm, I wonder if they'll continue Legacy of Kain franchise. Would be interesting to see what SE influence would do to it.
Kain would merge with Vincent Valentine in FF7, and then you'll have a new series: Legacy of Kaincent...

But jokes aside, I also want to see Legacy of Kain and Soul Reaver getting a sequel or something new...

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
But jokes aside, I also want to see Legacy of Kain and Soul Reaver getting a sequel or something new...
and hopefully a new battle system (defiances just was to repetitive)

anyway, im just hoping this will at least encourage square enix, to start making
non rpg games.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
Meh. They haven't been doing all the much, really. Seems like a waste... unless Square is going to use them to port FFs again - we all know how well those turned out.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
FF always has hype. Don't make it sound like FF13 has hype out of the ordinary.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
FXIII Does indeed have hype out of the ordinary.
oO Cosplaying is hype-ing out of ordinary for you? Everytime a new FF is coming out there's always huge hype and I don't think its any different this time(exception: FFXI, which as an MMORPG and a huge letdown for most FF-fans... Including me.)

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
Square should have purchased Bethesda instead. One of the few remaining bit of independent gold that hasn't been swooped up. Regardless what anyone thinks of Fallout, its a good game and sells really well. All their games (except Redguard and not counting their expansion packs) have garnered numerous awards.

There upcoming Elderscolls: SummerSet Ilse title is going to be another slam dunk for the company.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
@#$%^& Square-Enix....they only on RPG's games..**** 'em i don't like their games...btw they're the one who made Tomb Raider 3 (Japanese version)..i prefer Activision than them
Dude, calm down. The world isn't going to end because Square decided to absorb another developer. Activision don't even develop any games anyway, they're just a publisher/distributor.

As for the buy-out, it's not surprising. Eidos was a small company, though I'm not sure how they were doing in terms of economic standing. At least Square got them before EA did.

Oh, and in b4 Lara Croft appears in the next Kingdom Hearts game. Remember folks, I called it!

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,454 Posts
I hope se wont screw tomb raider with jpish crap

1 - 20 of 52 Posts