Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Prince of Persia
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I don't know how... But for the first time I got a Spyware problem with IE 6. something. I use both IE6 and Mozilla Firefox, but some sites I visit only properly work with IE.

-I found this through Pest control-

The file's name is:

12/17/2004 14:31:53 ~ [action:Deleted ] Found spyware cookie [email protected][2].txt
12/17/2004 14:32:28 ~ [action:Deleted ] Found spyware cookie [email protected][1].txt
12/17/2004 14:32:30 ~ [action:Deleted ] Found spyware cookie [email protected][1].txt
12/17/2004 14:33:07 ~ [action:Deleted ] Found spyware cookie [email protected][2].txt
12/17/2004 14:35:48 ~ [action:Deleted ] Found spyware cookie [email protected][2].txt
12/17/2004 14:37:31 ~ [action:Deleted ] Found spyware cookie [email protected][1].txt

But it keeps coming back and results is that I'm unable to use IE6 because its goes to a blank page it keeps on reloading as if its in a loop.

I don't know what to do and how to fix it.

I really appreciate all the help guys. Thank you.

Thank you
Zapages

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Pest patrol is bundled with zonealarm pro. It's not that bad, probably the best of the commerical spyware removers.

However the freeware double whammy of adware/spybot is hard to beat.

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Only one problem is that neither adaware nor spybot realises to remove reinstaller scripts nor bats. It removes spyware, but after restarting computer, they are back, so you have to remove them yourself. Start msconfig and see if theres anything suspicious in start-up page. Be carefull what you remove, or you might screw whole windows.

Download GIANT Antispyware. Its best antispyware program available, and it has beaten both spybot and adaware in many tests & reviews, even against combination of adaware & spybot. Its comercial program (with 14 days trial), but it realises to remove all traces of spyware, even reinstaller scripts. Its worth of the price it costs. It even has realtime protection, which uses heurestic system. Its better than spyware specific immunity that spybot and spywareblaster provides, even though it gives false alarms sometimes.

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
You can disable them, so they wont start. Still msconfig is quite dangerous if you dont remember to check what are important entries and what are spyware.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Betamax said:
Pest patrol is bundled with zonealarm pro. It's not that bad, probably the best of the commerical spyware removers.

However the freeware double whammy of adware/spybot is hard to beat.
I've used that one as well, but I needed Webroot Spysweeper to get rid of some real nasty things. So there is one program which beats both ;)

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
Download CWSherder and run a scan and check your dns configuration.

·
Registered
206 Posts
maybe you can try this with your IE . Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > and under Browsing turn off " Enable Third party browser extension "

·
Prince of Persia
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you guys for all the suggestions.

I tried adware/spwbot combo... It wasn't able to detect it.

But when I finally tried Giant Antispyware, it worked and deleted the cookie and the source of the problem. Now everything running back to normal for now. Thank you. Zapages :)

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Yeah, i heard... Now they are building monopoly over antispyware programs. :mad: Good news is that giant was best program in market, but i wonder how long... If M$ is as lazy with it as they are with IE... :lol:

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
:rotflmao:

Precisely. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts