Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to download Rices Gpu from the N64 plugins section and after clicking the download link a bunch of spyware/ad-ware silently installed itself onto my computer, MegaSearch Toolbar, Webrebates, Top Rebates or something like that (will actually install 3 more ad-ware apps if you try to uninstall) after trying to erase them all i got the NT Authority will now shutdown your system etc., im using XP PRO with SP2 all critical updates installed, so I ended up doing a reinstall, just a heads up

-Chill Pill

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
same thing now after downloading an N64 input plugin, slammed again
-ATP
-Better Internet
-MegaSearch Toolbar
-Shop at Select Agent
-Top Text iLookup
-Webrebates (top rebates.com)

spysweeper is still going 1,524 traces and going
-

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
it's not the download links....it's the ad popups.

The popups that are added to the mainpage are leginimate at first, but sometimes the good ad popups turn bad, thus starting a chain reaction with different spyware.

If possible, find the first popup that starts the chain reaction....we can block that misbehaving popup (hopefully)

·
It’s Me .. I still Exist
1,224 Posts
Yeah if you are logged out you can get some nasty popups just from clicking the file download link as well as the regular popups that show up normally. Some time thing tried to install itself when I tested it.

B

·
0 Posts
Yeah, that isn't under our control to prevent from happening. Only solution is an updated internet explorer with decent security settings or, much easier and better, use firefox.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
RZetlin said:
Just remove the adware with ad aware and spybot.
He has spysweeper, so those two aren't needed :rolleyes: From my experience Spysweeper works better than those two combined.

2 Bobbi: How come this is beyond control? (I'm curious :) )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts