Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, I was playing Spyro3: Year of the Dragon (the PAL version). I had performed 4% of the game and already visited two worlds. I was just entering a third world when the emulator stopped. All that remains was the console window, saying that the program had encountered an unknown opcode.

Is this a bug ? Is there an easy workaround ? I already tried a few things like enabling/disabling the IO IRQ,
but no luck so far.

I can easily reproduce the problem for the game performs an autosave when you change world and I have a memory card file with a save just before the crash. If someone is interested ...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I don't know if it could help, but I discovered that I didn't need my memory card to reproduce my problem.

If I let the program running and don't press start, after sometime the game switches to demo mode ... and the emulator crashes with the same "31 opcode (UNKN)" at the beginning of the demo.

Do you also have Spyro 3: Year of the dragon ? If so, could you try letting the demo start and tell me if ePSXe also crashes on your PC ?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
So far as I can tell opcode errors are generated by one of 3 things (correct me if I'm wrong here:D )

1: Corrupt/wrong bios file. Change changing it
2: Dirty/scrated cd or wacky drive. Use an iso file.
3: An unimpletment funtion in the emulator. Wait for next release.

Hope that helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts