Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright people I've been using the internal SPU plugin for a while now, and I want to give iori's plugin a try, but I would really want some examples from your configurations in it, to give me an idea and how it sounds better than the internal plugin.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I'II be damned don't no one use the iori plugin here,
I just need some few example from your configurations man.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I usually just use the default settings with my SBlive. Read the included documents and you'll see what the different options do.
I need to run more tests, but I think Iori's 1.48 was giving me an ePSXe error which made me close ePSXe.:( Maybe it was some spcific setting I had though (I tuned on a bunch of the options when I was playing last time).

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Here are my SPU settings:

ePSXe settings:
eveything ON except
Disable SPU IRQ

Iori's Settings
Sound Buffer Size 10
XA Buffer size 48
Everything ON except show realtime config window

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Adair
I usually just use the default settings with my SBlive. Read the included documents and you'll see what the different options do.
Yeah I know I've already read'em.
When I lower the 2 buffers there are some cracky sounds, but when I increase'em it either skips the sound or comes out with no sound. So thats why I needed some examples.

·
Registered
873 Posts
it can be different for every game

bubsy, not only does it depend on the sound card the the setting is not the same for all settings. some games MIGHT share a common "close-enough" setting. for example in Squaresoft games:

Sound Buffer: 7
XA Buffer: 42
with all the configs ON.

This setting may not work for you, but its a start. Usually, when I adjust the sound buffer, I multiply that number by a factor of 6 for XA buffer.

"The best defense is offense. Why waste time blocking when you can attack? Strike out your opponent in the shortest time possible."??? LOL someone watches a lot of Bruce Lee movies. :)

S

·
0 Posts
Bubsy, I use settings of 8 and 48 for the two buffers. I leave all options on except for "show real time config window". The only problem that there seems to be is a potential conflict between Iori's SPU plugin and Pete's CD Rom plugin. But, IMHO, Iori's SPU is better than the Internal ePSXe SPU.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I never did come over a conflict with those 2 plugins on my computer.
But do I have to reconfigure the iori plugin everytime for each different game?!

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I've never had to reconfigure Iori's SPU like I had to do with Nulls, but then again I only own about 10 games.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts