Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Initial D and/or 86 fans !
Recently I noticed that Toyota Trueno's (Corolla in the US) and Levin's are quite common in racing games, also if they're not actual Initial D games. The aim of this thread is to get a pretty complete list on which games feature the Toyota Trueno or Levin, just because they're cool cars :)

Here's what I found so far:

Auto Modellista (PS2; both the Trueno and the Levin)
Gran Turismo 2 (PS; both the Trueno and the Levin)
Need For Speed Underground 2 (All platforms, Corolla, US version)
Racer (PC; Trueno (add-on car))
Road Rage 3/Togue 3 (PS2, both the Trueno and the Levin)
Street Racing Syndicate (All platforms, Trueno)

I forgot all the names of the different Initial D games, so I'll leave that to the expert (Kane) :)

Anyone else who spotted them?

·
band
4,912 Posts
Kaido 1 and 2. All the Battlegears. GT3 (-_-"). All the Shutoku Battles (or Tokyo Extreme Racing i think is the name).

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hanamichi said:
Erm, GT3. :p

Also the Trueno and Levin are actually versions of the Corolla, and is not only limited to the AE86. :p
ok. could you explain some more on that? :)

·
Crotally Tazy
4,582 Posts
Um, well the Corolla generations typically have AE code names, and range from AE82, AE86, AE92, AE100, AE101 to AE111, others Im not sure. There are 4 door, Trueno and Levin (2 door) variants... the last Corolla to be RWD was the AE86, it also happened to have a well balanced and strong chassis with a potent engine and LSD, so car enthusiasts were very fond of it. Then Initial D starred the AE86 as their hero and it became sought after world wide. :D But it was already famous among Japanese car fans way before that.

Im not a Corolla fan so I dont really know much about them, but there are TONS of variants among them. :p I believe the latest Corollas no longer bear the AE code name though... The ones I like are the AE86 Trueno, AE101 (my family had one) and AE101 Levin.

edit: To make this less confusing, the one in the picture is the Corolla AE101 Levin. I hope Im not mistaken about the Levin/Trueno being a Corolla as well :)

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Initial D Mountain Vengeance - PC
Initial D Special Stage v1-3 - Arcade (v2 on PS2)
Initial D Another Stage - GBA
Initial D - PSX
Initial D: Takahashi Ryosuke no Typing Saisoku Riron - PS2

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
This thread just turned two years old and it was created on Samor's old account.....heh.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
And there you go, the final word from the man himself :p Time to close this one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.