Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my copy today
installing it was the biggest mistake I have ever done, the starforce driver level copyprotection scheme was really nasty to me, it forced my PC to BSOD while rebooting over and over again until I decided to go into safe mode and uninstall it, I checked in the device manager and it happened to mess up quite a few other drivers and I spent most of the day reinstalling almost all my drivers
Luckiy I have a PS2 and decided to play it on the PS2 even though the controls sucked compared to a mouts and keyboard
my advice: Don't buy the PC version of this game

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Companies are still releasing games with SF3 protection? geez when will they learn. And the stupid thing theres already a way to go around it anyway so why still give problems to legit owners? idiots

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
Isn't it hilarious that the game companies, in an attempt to stop/slow piracy down, has ultimately led to putting the legit owners in a vice that they can't break from....stupid, really.

r2rX :D

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Make sure you dont install again because if you do you might not be able to uninstall it again.
I know

Isn't it hilarious that the game companies, in an attempt to stop/slow piracy down, has ultimately led to putting the legit owners in a vice that they can't break from....stupid, really.
I also know that I can wait until someone finds a way to play this without starforce I will stick with my PS2 copy

·
band
4,912 Posts
i wanna buy the ps2 version, but can you please answer a few of my questions player-x (or anyone with the ps2 version)

1.) does it have unbearable gfx?
2.) is the gameplay much worse than the pc version because of the controller?

thank you

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1) it looks pretty good even compared with MGS3 so no it's gfx is still nice
2) Depends it plays like the PC and Xbox version but with smaller and shorter levels, the controls can be adjusted but since I can't hit anything with a console gamepad anyway and I am not the master of lightly moving the dual shocks I would have to say that the controlls are a little unfamiliar

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
all this whining about starforce is annoying me, really...
first i read how horrible it was and how it would render my pc broken and useless and whatnot, but in the end it turned out that was all a bunch of crap. now i bought the game and it didnt install any drivers, it didnt ruin any system components, hell, even my DEAMONTOOL runs fine while starting the game...
either way, the games great, or rather, the versus-mode from PT is, i havent really touched the rest (this is my first SC-game too). the glimpse of the oneplayer-mode i got was more or less disapointing. the graphics are great, yeah, but otherwise i dont really like the SC-game engine at all, compared to MGS, this is a joke. either way, the MP-modes are so brilliant that i dont care about a second, this is gonna be fun for months~

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
Well, regardless...I played the demo today...and it is amazing...I need to get it!!

And if I can't play the PC version, then I play XBOX....but no way on the PS2...not a matter of console-hating, just I want to play it properly. :p

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is the french edition starforce free or has someone "removed" it?
I am seeing it on "special" websites

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry for the double post, now I got it installed without breaking Windows at last, now the SF copyprotection really defeats itself, now it says that my disc is not original,that or something about the CD key not corrisponding with the dis, WTF??

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
ready2rumbelX said:
And if I can't play the PC version, then I play XBOX....but no way on the PS2...not a matter of console-hating, just I want to play it properly. :p

you'd be amazed ;)

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I compared the lighthouse level on both the PC Demo and the PS2 version and I can count so many diffrences that I might as well be playing another game

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Obviously there are diferences, but you'll still be amazed with what the ps2 could do with the game. And it runs smooth as hell. Probably the best fps i've seen in this console. In fact its so smooth its wierd, i would prefer for them to limit the fps that way you wouldnt even notice slowdowns, couse the slowdowns you have go to the fps of normal games on the ps2

·
-PM to advertise here-
8,262 Posts
Hmm, so me thinking. Of course the PC version is all better than the PS2 version, but that also depends on how good of a PC one has with him. So help me out with this:

On one end, I got a PS2. On the other hand, I got an AMD64 3000+ 512MB PC3200 and a Radeon 9600pro. Will the pc specs do justice to it or I am better off with a PS2 version?

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Hum, if you have net on your console i would say go for the ps2 version. If not go for the pc version :p Dunno about that card though

·
-PM to advertise here-
8,262 Posts
I don have net on my console.....but neither do I have broadband on my PC.
And I used to think that the 9600pro is a famous card..... oO

1 - 20 of 51 Posts