Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All i can say is... THE HELL WITH DOOM 3. Just look at this oO.

And the game has awsome co-op mode. Im sure this one is gonna be a real keeper!

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's SM3?

(this has got to be my shortest post so lemme just blablablalbalbalba
blalablabla)

·
band
4,912 Posts
It's also on the list for SM3 games.
well, seeing as how its gonna be on the xbox, we all see how amazingly important sm3 is ;)

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Metalmurphy said:
What's SM3?

(this has got to be my shortest post so lemme just blablablalbalbalba
blalablabla)
Pixel Shader Model rev. 3.0.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Well I guess it is good for the x-box. I certainly hope it looks a hell of alot better on the pc :)

·
Registered
458 Posts
I don't see anything new or advance in the graphics. The shadows are not as good as d3, the texture are low res, and models are not even detail. If this game is anything like the other two than the environment must not be very big either. I'm sorry but there's no way this game can win most impressive graphics at e3.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I think the game looks pretty good. I can't wait to see it on PC because it will undoubtly look much better than the XBOX counterpart.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
d3 shadows aren't exactly top-notch (hate me) , textures are a little above psx/2 level, and the models are the worst I've seen in a lot of time.

sc3 IS everything ppl say about it. not as big as the doom 3 engine but it does look damn good.

and in the coolness factor sam fischer OWNS generic marine guy, just look at that suit shining with the rain!!!!

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
caipirinha said:
Metalmurphy I was talking about doom 3.
Hum werent u saying that SC3 had worst models ever? 0o i understood it that way :p

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
IMO, it's far from looking as good as Doom3, just the AK47 texture on the 2nd shot looks PSOne-ish.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Well, yeah, at least it's filtered :p

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
For me, dynamic lighting and good shadowing are probably more important than anything else when I decide how good something looks... I'm just really into that aspect of graphics. That's why I've always loved the look of the Splinter Cell games, and why to me they "look better" than a game which might have better models or textures or more realistic physics or whatever. It's a main reason why I also really liked the graphical look of all the Thief games (the latest one in particular looks awesome) as well as titles which alot of people didn't think were all that impressive, like Blade of Darkness from a few years ago (had awesome dynamic lighting effects for the time).

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Raziel said:
IMO, it's far from looking as good as Doom3, just the AK47 texture on the 2nd shot looks PSOne-ish.
Xboxish u mean. those first 3 are from xbox. Plus this is a work in progress, and still ur comparing the weapon to doom3? Doom 3 has the worst freaking weapon model/textures i've seen. Even farcry beats it. ^^

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Well I say graphics are definetly high end for the pc part. But they are not award winning high-end. As for multiplayer, I doubt they would be able to do a good job in it. Cause its not a FPS really so they would only be able to allow maybe 2-4 players in it on two different teams otherwise everyone would just camp in a shadow waiting for someone to walk by. Kinda like pandora tommorow multiplayer which had its good points but overall was not to fun.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Coolsvilleman said:
Well I say graphics are definetly high end for the pc part. But they are not award winning high-end. As for multiplayer, I doubt they would be able to do a good job in it. Cause its not a FPS really so they would only be able to allow maybe 2-4 players in it on two different teams otherwise everyone would just camp in a shadow waiting for someone to walk by. Kinda like pandora tommorow multiplayer which had its good points but overall was not to fun.
They did a good job in PT and they're doing a much better job in this one!

Co-op mode is simple amazing. Download a couple of movies showing co-op mode and ull see what i mean.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts