Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Is it a dream...
616 Posts
its tonight? man, i just find these things god awful. i watched the very first one for about 6 min. and when madden won game of the year i was just like "i see where this is going..." and turned it off. i mean seriously.. madden game of the year. a game consisting mostly of roster updates and better graphics over the year before and its game of the year material... yeah...

·
Banned
577 Posts
Why don't they have game developers host instead of celebrities? This show is too much about what game sold the most instead of what games gamers we really play. But then again I get the feeling this show wasn't targeted at the final fantasy audience anyway. It's gear more toward the tony hawk, sports type of crowd.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I never watch those, I find it more a way to boost some celebs ratings so that they are seen as people who "appreciate" video games, I have a feeling some of them do not even really know what it means to be a true gamer.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Whta I like best about the Spike VideoGame Awards, is that games that havent even been released yet win awards (or get nominated). All the other review places award existing games, Spike likes to award games with potential!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Lobo said:
Whta I like best about the Spike VideoGame Awards, is that games that havent even been released yet win awards (or get nominated). All the other review places award existing games, Spike likes to award games with potential!
That's exactly what I hate.

They haven't played the game, the haven't even tried a demo, most of the time they haven't even talked to the developers! Yet, they find some ungodly way to nominate some games because the teaser trailers "ROXXXOR!!!".

</end rant>

·
Registered
10,973 Posts
How do you know a game deserves an award before its released?
IMSHO a game should be out for at least a month before it qualifies for ANY awards...Until you've played it 20-40 hours, how do you know how to rate the game? It might have bugs, glitches, be too easy, too hard, have controller issues, etc...
Heck I like to rent games a week before I decide to buy them if they're over $40...

·
Registered
496 Posts
Nobody involved with the awards even know anything about videogames. There may be one or two people in the entire building who know a thing about them. Their awards suck, they only play console games (not that they don't deserve recognition, but PC games should still more involved than they are) and they have absolutely no idea what they're talking about. The hire popular "actors" to tell everyone they love videogames, so they watch the stupid show. Then after they start, you realize they have no clue what in the hell is going on, and that they haven't played any game that they "nominate" whatsoever. They spend millions, and get about a quarter worth of entertainment.
Sad... so sad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Madden game of the year. SO the most ground breaking game of the year title is wasted on a slap @ $ $ football sprites. What about HALF LIFE and other games that pushed the envolope and did not just remake a previous game and then add little features and slap a tiltle saying that is their best game yet. The only thing that would have sparked any interest at all is to see a bloodsheding fight of each character to the last one standing over the innerds of other characters (The game characters) no that would be a nice way to do the game awards Twisted metal style with a mix of unreal turnoment.

WLAN a+b+g mini-PCI,Pentium 4 HT 3GHz, 2Gigs DDR2_SDRAM PC4300*2,NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800 Ultra 256MB(PCI EXPRESS), 80 GB ATA-100 HDD 7200RPM, With 2 optical drive combos both burners supporting Dual Layer. THIS IS MY PORTABLE GAMETOP

·
Registered
411 Posts
Aliengamer said:
Madden game of the year. SO the most ground breaking game of the year title is wasted on a slap @ $ $ football sprites. What about HALF LIFE and other games that pushed the envolope and did not just remake a previous game and then add little features and slap a tiltle saying that is their best game yet. The only thing that would have sparked any interest at all is to see a bloodsheding fight of each character to the last one standing over the innerds of other characters (The game characters) no that would be a nice way to do the game awards Twisted metal style with a mix of unreal turnoment.
Half-Life 2 is last years game. Xbox gamers are just getting it late. So that couldn't stand a chance (reviewers should never offer up a game for goty status in a year that it didnt come out unless it went through A LOT of changes. But its the same exact game. Less of a game really, no mods, no multiplayer...).

In a casual gamers mind though, Madden is indeed goty material. The new qb vision cone changed the gameplay quite a bit...and as always madden's fun as heck to play. But yeah, with games like Jade Empire, God of War, Devil May Cry 3 et al, ther'es no reason Madden should win.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.