Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have had the honour of playing the Playstation 2 version of Spiderman 2...it was bloody awesome! The freedom, and the thrill of rushing past the buildings! That was a high! But, the graphics on the PS2 version are not that great.

So, today...I received the PC version....I installed it, all excited, and eagerly started the game.....

The GUI, especially the control menu, seemed so familiar...like Unreal Tournament 2003/2004....but to my amazement, the bloody game is using the UT2003/4 engine! That was the first shocker, and quite worrying...UT and Spiderman = NO NO!!!!

I got into the game......without going into too much detail (cause I will be swearing alot), this game is the hugest pile of kack I have played in a VERY, VERY long time....the game is developed by a company known as The Fizz Factor...I have never heard of them before.

The game feels more like a mod to UT2004 than it does a full-on, independent spiderman game. Secondly, the whole feel to it is SOOO off, as in you can't swing freely, you have to rely on icons that are floating in the middle of the air which you swing from....the middle of the air. On PS2, you need to catch onto buildings, or lamposts, trees, etc.

This game is so bloody awefull, so please...NO ONE play this game. Unless you are bored out of your mind with the intention of hurting yourself in mind.

r2rX :(

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Thanks for the info,

Infact I was about to get that game after watching my friend's ps2 version. I thought pc version would be similar but thanks to you I am better informed now. ;)

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are definitely better off purchasing the PS2 version for yourself (or even better, the XBOX or GameCube version..MUCH better looking). But the PC version is really bad. Yes, the graphics are MUCH better than the PS2 version, but it doesn't save it.... I didn't like it, but maybe you might....but, honestly, the chances are you won't. Buy/borrow it one day, and tell me what you think...

r2rX oO

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Yea, I saw this on vs with Vic Lucas and Tommy Tellarico . . . it was Spiderman 2 console version, vs Spiderman 2 PC version.

Long story short, console versions won by a FRIKKEN LANDSLIDE.

...that is all

·
Registered
496 Posts
They even said in this months' PC Gamer that it's just a dumbed down game (surprisingly, seing as they usually do the dumbdown versions of games for the consoles). It got around a 25% rating. Definatly need to stick with the console versions. :)
- Modem

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
damn, i'm sorry guys, i shoudla warned u about this dud. I too heard that the ps2 game was amazing, and so i borrowed the pc version from a friend, who willingly gave it to me for keeps (that shoulda set off a red flag). and yes, i didn't even get past the first stage before uninstalling it. the ps1 version of spiderman (emulated) is far superior.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ya the game for the PC is a kids game. The one for the consoles are for adults. It's very saddening but that's why you test the game out before you buy. You never know what you're gonna get.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Borrowed that *&^%$#@ crap from my friend... because I'm a big fan of Spidey but unninstalled this (*&^%$ about hour later when I've finished it... really... how could they releas such a... thing :cry:

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I actually played through the whole game...I literally finished it in a frickin hour and a half!!! 1 1/2 hours!!! What the hell!

Why didn't they port the console version? And no BS on "Sorry, can't port without problems"...they can port the XBOX version then, since it's basically a PC.

Why?!?!!?

r2rX oO

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
I remember reading that PC and PS2 versions are totally different and PC version is made mostly for kids... luckily I have a PS2...

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
After watching some videos on IGN, I decided to pick this up for XBox. I thought the first one was alright and I guess this one is supposed to be 10x better. :D

·
Registered
387 Posts
Yeah the console versions of the game are cool but the Pc version is kids game :hdbash:

Good that i own a Ps2 :p

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
HAHA! There's an All Your Base reference in this game! :lol:

The first time you encounter Mysterio and successfully save the reporters and destroy the machines, before he escapes, he says "you have no chance to survive, make your time." I cracked up when I heard that. :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts