Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah,i know there are some threads about it,but i want someone to list absolutely all ways to speed up the emulator for ds games,including other programs and etc. ,i know my pc is pretty weak(900 mhz,512 ram)but still i think i should be able to run pokemon diamond on 70%,and now i am on 40 % which is pretty slow

·
No$gba Philosopher
548 Posts
Hit the + key near your number pad.

Idc means "I don't care."

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
No, don't hit the + key, that's the same as hitting fast-forward...it's not there to speed up your game permanently, it's there to get past boring cutscenes you have already seen, overusing it may very well cause the game to become unstable and crash as well as corrupt save data.

I mention EVERYTHING in the FAQ, if it does not help then that's just too bad. What you think and what the reality is, is unfortunately very different and no amount of false expectations will change that.
On my old AMD system with a 2.2Ghz Processor Pokemon would still not run quite fullspeed all the time so you have no chance.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
No. The '+' button is the only way to fast forward the emu and it can't be changed.

·
No$gba Philosopher
548 Posts
No, don't hit the + key, that's the same as hitting fast-forward...it's not there to speed up your game permanently, it's there to get past boring cutscenes you have already seen, overusing it may very well cause the game to become unstable and crash as well as corrupt save data.

I mention EVERYTHING in the FAQ, if it does not help then that's just too bad. What you think and what the reality is, is unfortunately very different and no amount of false expectations will change that.
On my old AMD system with a 2.2Ghz Processor Pokemon would still not run quite fullspeed all the time so you have no chance.
If what you said were all potentially true, then I think the probability of those happening may be higher if playing 3D games. But it seems to be lower for the 2D games.

I have tested a few 2D games, all seems fine so far. Tested Pokemon games, some seems jumpy, but it still works in battles. Since cutscenes are 2D, using the + key while watching may seem to fast-forward those kinds up.

To chelseafan, if you are still playing Pokemon, use the + key only during battles. The risk of not crashing is lower.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
That's exactly what the '+' key was meant for, just speeding up boring cutscenes, it should under no circumstances be pressed the entire time you are playing the game though.

·
No$gba Philosopher
548 Posts
That's exactly what the '+' key was meant for, just speeding up boring cutscenes, it should under no circumstances be pressed the entire time you are playing the game though.
I'm pretty sure it can be used somewhere else other than cutscenes. Try experimenting with other stuffs.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
It can be used elsewhere..but it's not meant to be...it only exists to fast-forward through boring cutscenes, not to make a slow game playable on a weak system.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.