Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seems to be a problem, I have had it with VGS or any other emulators but since being forced to use epsxe (under win2k and I know of nothing else that will work) I am having HUGE difficulities.

The problem I am having is the speed varies while playing, some rooms it is Really fast, all MOVIES/FMV's are at like 3x normal speed but some places (with SNOW or other graphics like Magic in Chrono Trigger and just entering fights and sutff) become unberably slow (I mean like 5x slower then normal)

Also the sound at the end of every fight PEAKS for 2 seocnds (no clue, very annoying)

Is there anyway to REGULATE this so I could have a constant play? this is really annoying and takes the fun out of the game.

Or a better plugin/emulator I might use?

Thanks for your time

·
Premium Member
6,338 Posts
You have to play around with the frame limiter. This is done through the GPU plug-ins, not the emulator. You probably have frame skip and frame limit turned off, which would make the game play as fast as it the computer can handle, which is why it slows down and speeds up at various areas. What I suggest is you set your own frame limit (60-65 is about right speed), which should prevent speed-ups, and also put frame skip on (which should prevent slow-downs). There are some parts of the game where it will still be somewhat slow, but that can't really be helped. BTW, what GPU plug-in are you using? Your system specs?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1st off sir I must thank you for takin the time to help me, it is much appreciated.

I have a Pi3-733 with 224megs Ram and a Matrox G400 32megs Video Card.

I am using PetesDX6 D3D Driver 1.50 under Win2k/Dx8

I will try the configurations you have adviced and it makes much sense, I just didn;t understand how the advanced options worked.
Thank you for the clear Explanations

But could this also be while all my sends (FTP / DCC / ICQ ) are being killed (I mean I am Adsl and hit average 15-35kbs and when I play epsxe and come out all my sends are either dead or running at 0.01kb/s or something like that.

Thank you sir.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts