Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
BlueFox team member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a speed problem when I play Sonic Advance 3 on VBA 1.7.2. When I play the game, it's only works at 90%, then when I pick up lost chao, there is a flash(if anyone played SA3, will know what happens) and game runs at its full speed - 100%. Why so?
I can also note that another games always work at full speed(frame skip = 0)
btw, there is another problem I have in VBA - I can't save game in Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. When I try to save or load game it says:"Error in backup memory".

·
Registered
76 Posts
I don't know anything about the FFTA prob but I do know SA3 very well.

The SA games do battle a bit with VBA 1.7.2. :( At least for me on my PC

I then played it on BCA. Runs very well but some of the intro scenes black out.(eg: When you see what characters there are in the game).

At the moment I run it perfect on VBA CE using Auto Frameskip and Frameskip 0 :thumb: :D

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but I am having a small problem. No matter what settings I use (and believe me, I have done ALL the combinations), my games stutter....it runs at 100%, and then every few seconds slows down, and sound chops, going to 98%, then jumps back up to 100%. I don't know what to do, and it's driving me crazy!

r2rX :(

·
BlueFox team member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sonic 4ever said:
At the moment I run it perfect on VBA CE using Auto Frameskip and Frameskip 0 :thumb: :D
What's the VBA CE?
ready2rumbelX said:
I don't know about you guys, but I am having a small problem. No matter what settings I use (and believe me, I have done ALL the combinations), my games stutter....it runs at 100%, and then every few seconds slows down, and sound chops, going to 98%, then jumps back up to 100%. I don't know what to do, and it's driving me crazy!
I also have slow downs like this, but they doesn't affect speed and music doesn't glitch, but it does, when I have 90% speed

·
BlueFox team member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, where can I get VBA CE? I want to try it :evil:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Coolsboy said:
Yeah me too
does anyone knows where to get it?
http://www.zophar.net/gba.html

click on "v1.0"

Note: This package also comes with some vba skins. Using them might drop your game's performance if your emulator is battling. Also when using a skin you can't make your emulator's screen larger than 1x.

None the less I can use the skins for 90% of my games fine :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts