Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW! I finally got 0.25a working after many ASPI/BIOS/Self-boot problems and I am blown away.

Only one problem -- it runs WAY too fast on my machine. I know that usually isn't a problem/priority for such an early version of an emulator but this is an amazing production for a second-version alpha! Power Stone 2 (the only selfboot I have so far) runs at between 75 and 100 fps (FPS display says something like "98.263/60" most of the time. Is there any way to limit that or do we have to wait for a new version?

BTW, specs are a P4 3.2ghz, 1gb RAM, 80gb HD, NVidia GeForceFX 5200 128mb.

·
I'll tear your soul apart
84 Posts
i have the same "problem" with certain games (resident evil code veronica for example)... there is no fps limiter in the current chankast version so you/we have to wait for a new release i guess.
(but you could always try to push + or - on the numpad to change the speed of the dc processor 'till it runs at the "right" speed but it's a bit annoying because the speed obviously changes during gameplay in different scenes. oooor you could set your refresh rate to 60Hz and turn Vsync on in your video card driver....so you always have 60fps max but it flickers to much for me (and my eyes ;) ) soooo i'll wait for the next release...)
i hope i could help! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks -- after I posted that I found a thread I missed in my search that offered similar solutions. I'll play around with the vsync options, I hadn't thought of that before. Turning off the Capcom hack also helps, but usually too much since i only get 10-15fps that way (makes Power Stone 2 very easy, sort of like permanent bullet-time). After more testing it's mostly Capcom games with the hack enabled that run too fast -- Soul Calibur runs anywhere between 50% and 125% depending on what's onscreen, Ecco runs at a steady 50-70% or so all the time -- but Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and Power Stone 2 both run at 125% or faster usually.

Can't complain though, this thing is more compatible than most of the N64 emulators and it's only like 6 months old. Amazing! I'm going to try to track down a DC controller adapter now.

·
I'll tear your soul apart
84 Posts
KanedA said:
did you try Chankast utilities?? :)
chankast utilities fps limits chankast? never tried 'em :innocent:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts