Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wow its been awhile since i've posted here. but since i dont have my psx no more, im gonna get back into emulation. Now, as you all know ePSXe runs FF9 flawlessly (close to it). i was just wondering how it would run, on epsxe 1.02, lastest petes opengl driver on a 550mhz pentium 3, 128 ram, TNT2 ultra. Hopefully a constant 60fps? Just wondering, cuz i know i get some crap FPS on my 550, but thats all i can settle for right now. ff9 seemed to have run fine, meaning OK speeds, but i didn't encounter any spells or summons yet, so i dunno. thanks for your help guys.

C

·
0 Posts
Should run fine, just make sure you're running the latest Detonators for that TNT2, and try NVmax to tweak some speed out of it...

S

·
0 Posts
Good to hear from you Trunks. I agree w/CD it should run just fine w/your sytem. The lastest version Detonators, should you want them, are 12.40 and, as far as I'm concerned, they are the fastest I've seen. Also the colors are more vibrant as well. Best of luck and hope these replies help. BTW I just upgraded to an Athlon T-Bird 1.2ghz processor. Wow, what a difference, even over my 900. Take care.:)
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, this should last for until late summer, as i plan on upgrading once i save up all my money for a athlon (dunno what speed, hopfully 800+). anyways thanks for the help guys, i should be comin here often now!

C

·
0 Posts
Note that the TNT2 is pretty much maxed with any driver over 6.50, the only point in upgrading at this point is for compatibility, bigfixes, etc..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts