Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a strange problem with my Acer Ferrari 4002 laptop. This problem occurs on multiple games and I've tried multiple emulators to see if that I would help. With all the emulators, they all work fine for the first five minutes, but then it all of a sudden slows-down to about 40 fps for about 5 minutes, and then it will be back to normal for five minutes or so, and the cycle repeat itself. I've played with multiple plug-ins and that lead nowhere.

I'm currently using windows xp 64-bit and my video card driver is ati radeon x700 with Radeon omega v4.8.442 drivers. I'm using Pete OpenGL video driver and my settings are:

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.77
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
GFX card: MOBILITY RADEON X700 x86/MMX/3DNow!/SSE2
OGL version: 2.0.5148 WinXP Release

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Window mode
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
- R4G4B4A4
- Filtering: 0
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 128 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: on
- FPS limit: 60.0

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 2
- Framebuffer texture: 1
- Framebuffer access: 0
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: off
- Advanced blending: off

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: on
- 15 bit FB: on
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: off
- Game fixes: off [00000000]

I also have P.E.Op.S. DSound Audio Driver 1.9 for my sound. Settings are all zeros.

Help will be much appreciate :).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
what about your CPU and what version of epsxe are you using?
I've used version 1.52, 1.6, and 1.7.

There is a power option under control panel, but there is no option to change from max battery to max performance or other power saving options. I've checked all the tabs. Its like 4 degrees Celsius in my room, so i don't think its overheating, lol.

Google yields:

Processor type:
Turion 64 ml-30
Processor speed:
1.6 ghz

Also, make sure your Power options are set to Max Performance, instead of Max Battery, or any other power saving option, so that the CPU doesn't throttle down[unless it gets too hot].

1 - 3 of 3 Posts