Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I use Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.77. These are the settings.

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.77
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: GeForce 7300 GS/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW!
OGL version: 2.1.2

Resolution/Color:
- 720x480 Fullscreen - NO desktop changing
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
- R8G8A8A8
- Filtering: 0
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 3
- Framebuffer texture: 2
- Framebuffer access: 0
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: on

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: off
- 15 bit FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: off
- Game fixes: on [00001000]

The game use to work, but after tampering with my settings to fix anouther game I messed up this one >_>

The game runs fine except that its either to fast or to slow.
No matter what I do I cant get the FPS to run normal.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
cpu brand/model and what version of epsxe are you using? btw when using internal res levels that high you need to set the render mode to 2.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im sorry.....those settings were the incorrect ones.
Embarassing.....

I edited the new ones above. Not sure if it makes a difference or not tho.

As for my cpu brand and model its Acer.

Thats really...all I know. Im sorry, but im terrible with that aspec of computers.

=_=

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
the aspire T180 is referring to the brand and model of your system as a whole (the entire computer itself in other words). when dealing with CPUs the brand will be either intel or AMD. model names vary but if you look in my sig for example you will see that my CPU brand is "intel" and the model name is "core 2 duo E8400". strike's brand is AMD and the model name is "athlon X2 5000+".

google for a program called "CPU-Z", install it and then run it, it will come up with a detailed menu and list with everything about your CPU.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
the CPU isnt likely to be the problem then, are you using epsxe 1.7.0? this issue might be caused by the internal FPS limiter conflicting with the plugin FPS limiter if you are.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am actually.
So that could be the problem then? If so...do I need a older version of ePSXe?

Its odd...whatever the default settings were on the plugin when I downloaded it made the game run perfectly, but I cant seem to fix it now.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
Do you have Windows XP ? if yes do you have installed the Dual Core optimizer ?

You can get it from here: Click for AMD dual core optimizer
isnt the 3500+ a single core processor or am i thinking of something else? single cores should be fine with any version of epsxe, its only multi-cores like the ones you and i have that can cause trouble in some areas.

I am actually.
So that could be the problem then? If so...do I need a older version of ePSXe?

Its odd...whatever the default settings were on the plugin when I downloaded it made the game run perfectly, but I cant seem to fix it now.
thats one thing you could try, but with 1.7.0 you should only use one of the limiters, having both going at the same time can trigger speed fluctuations due to them conflicting with each other.

i suggest you either disable the plugin limiter altogether and just use the internal one instead (toggled with the F4 key, make sure you use the spu core plugin as well if you do this) or make sure the internal limiter stays off when you are playing and only the plugin limiter is active.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
isnt the 3500+ a single core processor or am i thinking of something else? single cores should be fine with any version of epsxe, its only multi-cores like the ones you and i have that can cause trouble in some areas.
Thats it i'm staying out of the PSX section when i'm tired i saw 3600+ in place of 3500+ :rotflmao:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

thats one thing you could try, but with 1.7.0 you should only use one of the limiters, having both going at the same time can trigger speed fluctuations due to them conflicting with each other.

i suggest you either disable the plugin limiter altogether and just use the internal one instead (toggled with the F4 key, make sure you use the spu core plugin as well if you do this) or make sure the internal limiter stays off when you are playing and only the plugin limiter is active.
Im sorry, but I find this a bit confusing. Im not exactly sure were to edit these settings.
I do hope its not right in front of my face >_>

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
What he means is at the video plugin configuration set:
Framerate:
- FPS limitation: off

and make sure you have selected ePSXe SPU core 1.7.0 as the sound plugin.

Jonc also said that when ingame you can turn on/off framerate limitation by pressing F4, using the method above.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
did our suggestion regarding the FPS limiters fix it or did you try something else that was able to get it running correctly?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.