Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone put these speed hacks i one of the newer revision for me, my pc got ****ed up now i got a weaker one. so here they are :

in core/HW/systemtimers.cpp, function Init()
change :
CoreTiming::ScheduleEvent(FAKE_GP_WATCHDOG_PERIOD, et_FakeGPWD);
to :
// CoreTiming::ScheduleEvent(FAKE_GP_WATCHDOG_PERIOD, et_FakeGPWD);

result : works as a kind of frameskip, improving gamespeed for machines with weak GPU

Working games : Super Smash Bros Melee

not working : SM Sunshine, both Zelda

And this is what you can do:

- optimize gpu watchdog to fit fps of the game -> depending on game ~5% more fps

- turn of gpu watchdog in some games(e.g. SSBM) : game uses full speed of your cpu no matter what gpu you have -> you can play full speed even if your gpu only manages 20fps.

- EFB-Resolution : lower the EFB-resolution(not screen!) works for some games and the FPS Hit for EFB is reduced -> half, quarter, and so on

- EFB-Update : you can update EFB only every 2,3,4,5...etc Frame and it still works for some games : can give MAJOR speedup if game still works.

can someone explain to me how to do this or input them in revesion 3657

if you can post it here

·
Registered
462 Posts
-.-

GFX -> Advanced and disable EFB copy
Disabling EFB copy works but it causes graphic bugs even to the point of unplayability in some games. :(

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can someone put these speed hacks i one of the newer revision for me, my pc got ****ed up now i got a weaker one. so here they are :

in core/HW/systemtimers.cpp, function Init()
change :
CoreTiming::ScheduleEvent(FAKE_GP_WATCHDOG_PERIOD, et_FakeGPWD);
to :
// CoreTiming::ScheduleEvent(FAKE_GP_WATCHDOG_PERIOD, et_FakeGPWD);

result : works as a kind of frameskip, improving gamespeed for machines with weak GPU

Working games : Super Smash Bros Melee

not working : SM Sunshine, both Zelda

And this is what you can do:

- optimize gpu watchdog to fit fps of the game -> depending on game ~5% more fps

- turn of gpu watchdog in some games(e.g. SSBM) : game uses full speed of your cpu no matter what gpu you have -> you can play full speed even if your gpu only manages 20fps.

- EFB-Resolution : lower the EFB-resolution(not screen!) works for some games and the FPS Hit for EFB is reduced -> half, quarter, and so on

- EFB-Update : you can update EFB only every 2,3,4,5...etc Frame and it still works for some games : can give MAJOR speedup if game still works.

can someone explain to me how to do this or input them in revesion 3657

if you can post it here
Will you or will you not do this for the Dolphin users with a less powerfull pc?

·
Registered
462 Posts
The speed hack you can use:

Upgrade your PC!
Yeah, lol, my PC is really obsolete by now and it runs the games heck slow, so I'm buying a brand new laptop this month. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.