Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Emu Author
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I originally posted this in the programming forums but it probably would be better if i placed it in a better location.

Just under 2 months ago i started on this project as the first system with a real cpu that i emulated. i finished it late last month after working out all the bugs left in it.

It has the game fully emulated without any known bugs and has fully customizable key remapping and color customizing. you can also set options for the game its self and toying with the idea of putting in a speed changer at some point.

The emulator can be found here: http://www.fanetworks.net/~swatgod/program/Space_Invaders_Revolution.zip

if any problems are found let me know, so far its confirmed to work on nvidia 8 series cards and up and on newer ati cards from what i have tested, so if it does not work please let me know so i can work on fixing the problem as so far its only been known to not work on 1 onboard intel card and an older ati card.

209 Posts
Hey thats pretty cool! Works fine here.. system specs in my signature!

·
Emu Author
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
umm does it fail on start up? if so i have a test exe i can send you to point to where it may fail, as the 2 pcs i seen it fail on, seem to fail with creation of the texture i draw to, though to fail on a newer nvidia card is new so i interested to find out where its failing. feel free to message me on one of my messengers and i can try to help you out with it. thanks for letting me know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi.

Sound problem here. Only the mothership flyby sound, no other sound. The game itself plays well.

I have 2 errors. 1 when I start and another when I quit the emulator.

First error:

Second error (When I quit the emulator)

Microsoft.Net setup:

PC Setup:

WinXp pro SP3 fully updated, fresh install from 1 month ago.
Latest DirectX Distribution (August 2009)
AMD Athlon XP 3200+ (Overclocked to 2.5GHz and tested at stock speed)
1.5GB Ram
Nvidia Nforce II chipset
Nvidia Sound Storm
Nvidia 6800GS AGP
All latest Nvidia drivers installed

No other emulator and/or app show this kind of error. Memtest86 12 hours and Prime95 8 hours stable. I seriously doubt my PC is the problem here, but who knows?

Ramon

·
Emu Author
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
are you attempting to load sound from within the zip file or outside? if its doing this while loading from the zip file, try to extract everything and delete the zip file and let the emulator run with the files extracted and see how it plays.

p.s. sorry for the delay but i have been very busy so i never had the time to check up on this thread.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.