Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Souless Angel
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to do something I normally wouldn't do here. I apologize for it before hand. I've got a large list of MMO's that i've got to go through. I've heard alot about this one. http://www.spacecowboy.net/

Many people i've talked to called it a MMOStarFox in realtime.

I'm posting the link for anyone to give it a try, if you do could you post a short review or how you feel about it. I've got about 8 more mmo's i've got to get idea's on for the mmo listing review for the site. Thanks. Sorry again.

·
Heretic
2,771 Posts
I signed up but when it came to downloading I just got a file not found error. I'll keep checking for when it comes back online though. However when I looked at the site, there were no images in any of the image sections, no mods had replied to anything people said in the boards. Seems like the admins aren't to keen on helping the consumers.

·
Souless Angel
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright, I felt guilty. I really hate posting and leaving something like that so abruptly. Here's some quick shots i did ingame. Really didn't play all that much. ...I do apologize for it again..

·
Heretic
2,771 Posts
That looks so cool.

*checks link again*

Hey... the links working now.

EDIT: Just finished a good session of playing this game and I absolutely love it. Thanks so much for bringing this game to my attention, Zer0Soul.

·
Okama Way!
352 Posts
The site is massively broken. I can get to the page where you enter your details when signing up in firefox but the name checker (which it forces you to use) won't work. Seems to work fine in IE though, however when I click on 'Submit' I get "user account activation failed" with no explaination as to what is wrong, I have re-entered my desired password and it conforms to the rules and it is still the same error.

The game might be OK, I don't know, but the site is truley awful. What browsers were you guys using when you got it working?

·
Okama Way!
352 Posts
Tried to register again, seems to be working now, still not in firefox though. Anyway, I'm probably missing something obvious but can anyone find the client itself? I just cannot find it on the site at all. They REALLY need to do some work on that site!

edit - never mind, I found it, I had to go back to the main page first though.

·
AKA snkmad
4,063 Posts
Look a great game, is it free or beta?
I managed to make an acc, but wheres the download? im lost!
EDIT: lol i missed that too, just found it...

·
KO'ed User
962 Posts
Mad said:
Look a great game, is it free or beta?
I managed to make an acc, but wheres the download? im lost!
EDIT: lol i missed that too, just found it...

From what is says here, seems it free.

One of mmrpgs which caught my attention (a very rare ocassion) as im not into mmrpgs that much. I will expand my view as i actually play it. 8 hrs left... :(

·
KO'ed User
962 Posts
A bit of a suprise for me. The file dosen't want to work. I download it but it has a normal white *exe type of icon. I click on it and it tells me: "C:\PROGRAMBad Command or file name" no idea what to do now.

Edit: Now even more random. I have changed the file name to "INSTALL.exe" and what it tells me is: "C:\PROGRAMProgram too big to fit into memory".

·
Souless Angel
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've been busy with work, and working on reviews for the other mmo's. Yet, because of many, including some from other boards having problems trying to get the game to install,work, function, etc... I took some time to play a little bit. Here's what I've taken from it.

The game is created by ex-members of the "Gunz International" team. The menus,and text in the game is clearly poor english. This dosn't hinder or take away from the experience. It's no worse than what I type most of the time. :lol:

The tutorial, isn't currently fully operational and will crash the game most of the time. Instead you are thrown into your game world after choosing between 3 differnt types of "Gears". 2 Air, 1 land. There is a city, which is used as the hub like many MMO's. It's the only place you can seem to exit the game, buy gear, and even refill your fuel deposit.

There is "missions" that are mostly fetch quests. Missions 1-4 are mostly go out and kill "insert monster name here" 4-10 times. The one mission threw you into a cave like tunnel where you navigate through destroying "insert monster name" 2 times. In all the missions have no been very vaired or grand.

Leveling in the game works like most MMO's in that you kill foes to gain xp. Every level you gain net's you 1 point to be attributed to any section of your gear you'd like.

There is different inventory, weapons, and equipment you can buy for your gear.

I'm understand that alot of people have hated the website, and even have had many problems downloading. Those who have gotten into the game what did you think? Feedback is welcomed.

I'm out for work.

·
He's watching you.
1,222 Posts
not bad if you ask me, it have some random crashes and bugs but the game is great.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.