Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I got a problem with sounds in Megaman X4, X5 and the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater games. The sound is either very annoying (lots of interferences or something of the sort... curse my bad english, can't find the good word for it >_<) or it just keeps skipping like if the CD had scratches in it, even tho it doesn't. I tried many different things but I just gave up hope on it. So I'm asking you guys instead. I got a SoundBlaster Pro 16bit, so that could be a problem, but I'm not sure about it. If you need more specs on the PC, just ask. Until then, please try to help me.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
You probably just need to adjust some of the settings in the spu plugin. Which plugin are you using. If its Loris/Eternal try setting it to the recommended low cpu setting in the readme (can't recall them off hand).

BTW What's the specs of the machine that you are trying to run it on?

Erm just a nitpick... the SB Pro was an 8 bit sound card. The SB16 was their first 16 bit card. I assume that you mean the later.

·
Key To The Universe
2,712 Posts
Originally posted by Betamax
Erm just a nitpick... the SB Pro was an 8 bit sound card. The SB16 was their first 16 bit card. I assume that you mean the later.
I think Creative Labs released two versions of Sound Blaster Pro. The first one to be released was 8bit and the later one was 16bit, I think.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I used all the best plug-ins to see if any of those two could run the sound correctly, but that was in vain. As for my system specs, here they are:

AMD-K6 450 mhz
64 MB ram
SoundBlaster 16 (very old, I had it in my old 386 PC 6 years ago)
3d Prophet 4000XT 32 mb

Oh, and at this exact time, I'm using Null2's Audio driver, but as I said earlier, I downloaded every plug-ins. So, try to help me please.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Damien's Omen: With a PC like that, you're going to have to use the absolute lowest settings on just about everything to get decent performance. Besides the lowest settings on SPUs, you need to make an ISO of your CD, enable frame skip, and of course use a very low resolution (640x480 16 bit color maximum). If you're using Pete's OpenGL GPU, try using Pete's D3D plugin.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
I thought the spec might me something like that. You'd be best to disable siund entirely. The old isa based sb16 likes hogging cpu time which is a really bad thing for an emu. Apart freom that I agree with everything Ryos said.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, as I said, the only sound problems I have are with MMX4, 5 and the THPS games. Every other games runs fine, graphically and musically speaking. The framerate rarely drops under 30-35, and stuff like that. So it could be a game problem, well... I think. Anyway, thanks for helping. I'll try to fix it using low CPU stuff like you said.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts